FOX 5.0 in a SN95

horsmen

Reaction score
Ok, I have an 87' Fox with the 5.0 in it thats ready for the junkyard. I was thinking about pulling out the motor and building it and turning around and trying to drop it into a 95 that has a 5.0 in it. What would I need to do this and what are some problems I might run into. Thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only issue you would have that I can think of would be the upper half of the motor, mainly the intake, there is some difference between them.

ryclef331

Reaction score
horsmen said:
Ok, I have an 87' Fox with the 5.0 in it thats ready for the junkyard. I was thinking about pulling out the motor and building it and turning around and trying to drop it into a 95 that has a 5.0 in it. What would I need to do this and what are some problems I might run into. Thanks

Just make sure you retain everything from the front of the 95 (timing cover, water pump, and accessory brackets, etc) and it will drop right in.

wytstang

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
horsmen said:

Just make sure you retain everything from the front of the 95 (timing cover, water pump, and accessory brackets, etc) and it will drop right in.
Ding Ding Ding we have a winner front accessory and U/L intake with 94/95 headers (egr bung) and you're good to go....

d_punch

Reaction score
you might want to consider doing a fox throttle body swap since you have the parts.
thats if you want or plan to.

OP
OP
H

horsmen

Reaction score
Yea, thanks for the advice. What about a knock sensor. My motor now doesnt have one (Dont know why?) and I dont know if a 95 has one. Thanks for the advice.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
horsmen said:
Yea, thanks for the advice. What about a knock sensor. My motor now doesnt have one (Dont know why?) and I dont know if a 95 has one. Thanks for the advice.

no knock sensor in it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online