fox 5.0 to sn95

GLOCK SHOCK 45

Reaction score
Got a good deal on an 88 5.0 with tranny and seemingly nobody has done this before. Anybody done this before aned have pointers? I think i've got the tranny under control i just don't know about the elecrical (ecu etc). I want to keep it fuel injected and it will be going into my 3.8 sn95.

castine917

Reaction score
People have done this before. Finding them may be difficult. Did you acquire the intake, throttle body, computer, wiring,......? Will your state allow you to do this? Do you have higher than stock goals? Your 3.8 car has weaker supporting parts, rear end and suspension being highest on that list.

jwhisl

Reaction score
Hey I just put a fox driveline in my 95. You will run into a few issues like wiring , sensors, throttle cable, etc. It's not as easy as just dropping in the engineering and going. You will need all the wiring, throttle body, starter, catback, and motor mounts, distributor, and all accessory brackets from a 94-95 gt. Otherwise your acessories will be hitting in some areas like the abs box. Water pump and timing cover will have to be changed if you go to the sn95 setup. Speedometer sensor will be different. Front suspension will need to be upgraded to handle the extra weight. If you are going manual the fox t5 is shorter than the snow so you will need a driveshaft spacer and you will need to make an adapter plate from the cross member to the trans mount. Some of the older 5.0 blocks had a slightly different deck height so you might need to shorten your distributor. I'm sure I'm forgetting something PM me if you have any questions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online