fox headers?

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Trickflow.GT, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Trickflow.GT

Trickflow.GT Active Member

this has probably been asked a hundred times but will fox shorties fit on our cars....reason being i dont want a big ugly plug for the egr on one of the headers...

2. Trickflow.GT

anyone?....ryclef? :help2:

3. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

I belive that they will fit our cars, this has been asked before on here before and i believe that it was said that they do fit.

4. fordguysmith

fordguysmith New Member

so by putting fox headers on our cars, will it delete the egr? and is this a good thing or not?

5. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

well if you run those headers you cant run our egr cause of that tube that goes to the header. So you could just do an egr delete and lose the smog stuff but if you have to smog your car it wont pass.

6. 916_5.0

916_5.0 Active Member

You might find a little bit of info on it in the egr thread above. Sorry im not really that experienced on running these headers cause i live in CA so smogis a big thing here.

7. SvtBlack95

SvtBlack95 Well-Known Member

yup the fox headers will work on our cars

8. Trickflow.GT

yea im going with the mac 1 3/4 fox headers...should be nice!! :bunny3:

9. they will bolt onto the heads...

BUT... I am unsure as to whether they will work with the smog pump and mid pipe without modification...

10. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

Alright. Yes fox header WILL fit out cars BUT you MAY or MAY NOT run into problems...your results may vary. The steering shaft is the most commonly talked about clearance issue. In MOST cases, some simple "dimpling" of the primaries will solve this dilema. The OTHER is when you decide to run long tubes....OUR clutch forks are clocked (positioned) differently than on a fox car. SO you may run dead into the clutch fork when you try to drop in the fox headers.

As for the smog pump stuff, the only fitting on the headers (ours stock) is for the EGR. The smog tube off the h-pipe will not be affected.

11. The way I look at it is...

Sure foxes and sn95s have the same 302 motors with little differences... but they are completely different chassis and completely different cars...

So just because A part will work with the motor, since they are basicly the same, doesn't mean that they will work with the rest of the car...

Theres a reason why they sell different headers for foxes then sn95s...

So the easiest road is to buy what was designed to work with your particular platform...

12. OnyxCobra

OnyxCobra Legend

I'm bumping this to get some more insite on the topic. I'm looking at buying some BBK 1 3/4" LTs for a fox and wanted to see if anyone else had anything to add 2 years later.

13. LAFENATU

LAFENATU Well-Known Member

Why do people remove the smog?

Unless something is broke/clogged/not working...why take it off? It's not hurting anything.

14. Javi

Javi Legend

cause they are building a racecar. :)

15. stang94X

stang94X Active Member

because its ugly, thats why i did it and the fact that it quaked like a duck all the time; i never understood on why mine did that, but i decided to rip it off and spend one cent to fix it, a penny to plug the hole on the header