fox/sn95 swap

Peter

Reaction score
Toying with the idea of buying a sn95 and swaping over my drivetrain.

I would probably buy a car that was in absolutly wicked shape and paint it whatever colour I wanted. I'm thinking true blue or red fire.

I already have the guts for the diff, I havent bought axels yet so I would just buy proper length for sn95. I have 13" cobra brakes that would bolt right up to the sn95, and drilled/slotted rotors for the back.

Main focus points would be would I need a different tail shaft or just driveshaft?

Im pretty sure I wouldnt need to change one thing on the motor exept my powerpipe probably wouldnt work with the sn95.

Aside from that are there any glaring omissions about doing a swap like this?

G

GREG@SN95

why do you want to do this?

I don't understand why you would want to tear apart a perfectly good fox... there aren't too many differences between the last foxes and the sn95s... really only computer changes...

IMO you'd be better off buying a project SN95 and building it up... yank the motor, build it... redo suspension, and build drivetrain... chaper in the long run and less of a headache trying to make everything fit

OP
OP
P

Peter

Reaction score
I dont nessisarily(sp?) want to do this swap, just an idea thats floating around.

I would keep my harness/computer because of my chip ect. I would also loose a lot of money if I sold my coupe as is vs taking the valuable parts out (motor ect) and then some parts I have waiting for the fox would fit on the sn95 so yah.

G

GREG@SN95

Peter said:
I dont nessisarily(sp?) want to do this swap, just an idea thats floating around.

I would keep my harness/computer because of my chip ect. I would also loose a lot of money if I sold my coupe as is vs taking the valuable parts out (motor ect) and then some parts I have waiting for the fox would fit on the sn95 so yah.

well the power train should bolt right in...

but SN95s and foxes are built off completely different frames so I don't know how the suspension and stuff would fit in...

and if ya do the swap you should use the fox interior too... make it a one of a kind SN95

OP
OP
P

Peter

Reaction score
haha no the interior would be one of the reasons I would switch, as for suspension parts I wouldnt expect it to fit.

plus side is I havent bought all of my suspension parts yet so selling/trading for sn95 stuff wouldnt be to hard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online