Fox Valve Covers I Made for QCmustang94 - Nicest Ever *PICS*

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Lightning Struck said:
so your doing this work and getting NO compensation for your materials used???? TO be a self proclaimed " azz hole " on the forums thats mighty generous of you to do if that is the case.

I get a little money, but not enough be "making any money." That's explained above already.

OnyxCobra said:
They look really good Paul, your stuff always seems to come out exceptionally well.

Thanks dude. I have a spare intake in my garage. I've thought about doing a matching intake/valve cover combo, but I don't know what color to use. I wanna do something different. I thought of something weird like an olive-green-drab-metallic-something. Maybe that with a matching set of accessory brackets or something. I dunno. I have so much stuff in my garage that I could coat it's nuts.

Paul.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
If I had your skill/materials, I would powdercoat any part i could on my car. I got my accessory brackets and pullies done and I LOVE the look of it. But you're right, those valve covers are nice and one of a kind, I love my trickflow ones, but dang those fox ones look good.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think that could look good depending on what color car it goes on. It's really too bad you can't make it less of a process so it would be easier to make money off of cause it comes out damn nice.

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Rice_slayer said:
If I had your skill/materials, I would powdercoat any part i could on my car. I got my accessory brackets and pullies done and I LOVE the look of it.

It's not really a lot of skill, just a lot of patience. I think anybody could do this if they had the time and the inclination. Buying all the crap to make it happen is another story of course. That took me years. Next I want to learn how to lay my own carbon fiber. And weld.

But you're right, those valve covers are nice and one of a kind, I love my trickflow ones, but dang those fox ones look good.

I actually have a set of brand new TFS valve covers in the garage too. They have a scratch in them so the guy didn't want 'em. I want to do something with them, but I don't know what yet. I was thinking of grinding the lettering off. Maybe even having my buddy engrave them with his CNC mill after I coated them. I dunno. I like the shape of them though. Do they fit under the intake without a spacer?

OnyxCobra said:
I think that could look good depending on what color car it goes on.

My car is silvery bronze gold sort of. I thought it might be a neat contrast to mine, but of course I already have a whole setup for my car.

It's really too bad you can't make it less of a process so it would be easier to make money off of cause it comes out damn nice.

Yeah, it's like anything else. If you make one set, it's expensive. If you're making a million, it's dirt cheap.

Paul.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
@Paul, you need at bare min. a 3/8 spacer for them to fit sadly, but they are a great valve cover!

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Rice_slayer said:
@Paul, you need at bare min. a 3/8 spacer for them to fit sadly, but they are a great valve cover!

Bummer. Thanks for the info man. I guess if I wanted to use them on my car I could throw a spacer on there since I already have a cowl hood and whatnot.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Yeah Paul what do you do for a living? I figured you had a pretty decent job but Jesus.
You want mega big income, get into a contracting field. Get paid per job not per hour. Our forum owner Matt is getting set up in the Hvac field ( like me ) if he sticks it out and does quality work, he could be in for a nice living in the near future. Own your OWN business, be the MAN dont work for him......

OP
OP
P

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Yeah Paul what do you do for a living? I figured you had a pretty decent job but Jesus.

I work in Operational Risk Management and Compliance for a very large bank. I'm a bank auditor, and lead audits of some of the largest and most complex lines of business within my bank.

Lightning Struck said:
You want mega big income, get into a contracting field. Get paid per job not per hour. Our forum owner Matt is getting set up in the Hvac field ( like me ) if he sticks it out and does quality work, he could be in for a nice living in the near future. Own your OWN business, be the MAN dont work for him......

Brian is 100% right. Although I make a comfortable living, I'm not a "baller" by any stretch of the imagination. Owning your own firm is the way to make lots of coin. A friend of mine owns one of the largest construction (general contractor) firms in Arizona, and he's loaded like you can't imagine. The guy has something like 40 cars.

Ultimately, it's a tradeoff. Owning your own business can end in financial nirvana, or financial ruin. I am a very risk averse person, so I like knowing that I have a solid, healthy paycheck coming every two weeks. Plus, I imagine Brian probably has to work harder than me, as most private business owners do.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Paul said:
OnyxCobra said:

I work in Operational Risk Management and Compliance for a very large bank. I'm a bank auditor, and lead audits of some of the largest and most complex lines of business within my bank.

Lightning Struck said:

Brian is 100% right. Although I make a comfortable living, I'm not a "baller" by any stretch of the imagination. Owning your own firm is the way to make lots of coin. A friend of mine owns one of the largest construction (general contractor) firms in Arizona, and he's loaded like you can't imagine. The guy has something like 40 cars.

Ultimately, it's a tradeoff. Owning your own business can end in financial nirvana, or financial ruin. I am a very risk averse person, so I like knowing that I have a solid, healthy paycheck coming every two weeks. Plus, I imagine Brian probably has to work harder than me, as most private business owners do.

Paul.

ture owing your own business means you DONT work 9 to 5 40hrs a week.......you work all day everyday. There really is no structured time for work/time off. You roll with the flow I guess, its business everyday all day. I wouldn't have it any other way :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online