Foxbody Notch vs New Edge

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What's your opinions on the two? I've always liked the notch's especially with a nice set of wheels and with a drop. They just look really cool to me. New Edge's look cool when modded, but that's about it for me.. My brothers got a 91 hatchback, its pretty comfortable driving around and there pretty rare around here. I sat in my neighbors new edge 40th anniv V6, the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat on in my life. I'm sure spike strips on hot lava would've been more comfortable.. I know GT's have the better seats so that's not a big deal. Either would have to be stick, no auto's. In the future I'd like to get an old notch or something like that. So which would you take?
If I could find one like this, doesn't have to be black.. But in mint shape, not modded. I'd buy it.
attachment.php

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Both are really commonly done up.
I'm split between the two.

Why does everyone hate on the new edge v6 seats? I think they're comfy. I've sat in a mach, yeah they were nice seats but I didn't notice a giant difference in comfort.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
You probably got worn down seat in that v6 because everyone i know loves my v6 seats.

alex302

Reaction score
If you can get your hands on a clean Notch do it, there getting harder to fine..

Mikestang95

Reaction score
I am more of a fan of the notch. It's just getting real hard to find one that isn't abused or just way to pricey.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a notch and I like the looks of the car but meeehhhh. I don't get the appeal of the foxbodies for anything other than a possible race build. SN95s are a million times more comfy to me and the interior is world's better.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love both but I would probably get a new edge. They look better when done up imo.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I love notches but they're so old and SN95/New Edges are newer. I've always wanted to build a notch but eh, I'd pick the GT. A black GT with black wheels on a sexy drop with black interior ummmm huh!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also, if you think V6 seats are uncomfortable, wait until you sit in some LX seats. I drove my car home from Birmingham and the very first thing I did was change the seats out for my 95's stockers.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Both are really commonly done up.
I'm split between the two.

Why does everyone hate on the new edge v6 seats? I think they're comfy. I've sat in a mach, yeah they were nice seats but I didn't notice a giant difference in comfort.
It feels like I sat on cardboard. No comfort at all, just flat and blah.
You probably got worn down seat in that v6 because everyone i know loves my v6 seats.
They're mint, the cars an 04, garaged since 04. Only has like 17k on it. I'd buy it if was a GT
Also, if you think V6 seats are uncomfortable, wait until you sit in some LX seats. I drove my car home from Birmingham and the very first thing I did was change the seats out for my 95's stockers.
Lol I haven't sat in an LX yet. I'm assuming the LX's have different seats than the GT's right?

Tommy92

Reaction score
I think it depends on what kind of body lines you like. New edge is more sharp and in your face looking and the fox looks boxy and muscular.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think it depends on what kind of body lines you like. New edge is more sharp and in your face looking and the fox looks boxy and muscular.

Good point. I like the lines of the new edge, and I also like that its the same interior as my 95 so I'm already familiar with that. Motor wise, the 4.6s are good. But on the other hand, old 5.0s are good too. The fox is just in a different league than the new edge. I like both haha

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I do like a clean notch but I have to go with a new edge, they're just better all around and can look so badass when done up right.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i was actually kinda obsessed for a little while over a notch lol. i wanted one sooooo bad. however after seeing the price of a clean one....eeehhhh, lol. not so obsessed to pay $10k for one that still needs interior and exterior work to be perfect.

a new edge is more likely to be super clean for $10k. when i say super clean i mean by my standards. not 1 single scratch, dent, tear, with low mileage and unmolested. that's what i'm hunting for.

plus i dont know who these notch owners think they're fooling with their mileage listed at 30k knowing dam well it's been flipped at least once lol. rusted shock towers, disgusting engine bays and worn out interiors with only 30k miles and wanting $9,500 lolololol. GTFO!!!!!