Foxbody Notch vs New Edge

chris91

Reaction score
Yeah. Just imagine a V6 seat... but like 10-20 years older.

I think in 90 or 91 they all have GT seats. At least my 91 and a buddy of mine's 91 did. Still horrible seating.

A notch will keep gaining value. A New Edge will not for a while. Personally Id take the New Edge.(Ive owned 2 Foxes and now 2 99's) I had the perfect Fox, granted it wasnt a coupe, but it was a original low mileage car with a bunch of tasteful mods. They ride horrible and are very uncomfortable. Id drive my 99 anywhere. I drove my 91 from Columbus to Cincinnati when I bought it and hated life.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Foxbody notch all day every day.

Of course, I have one so I'm biased.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I think in 90 or 91 they all have GT seats. At least my 91 and a buddy of mine's 91 did. Still horrible seating.

A notch will keep gaining value. A New Edge will not for a while. Personally Id take the New Edge.(Ive owned 2 Foxes and now 2 99's) I had the perfect Fox, granted it wasnt a coupe, but it was a original low mileage car with a bunch of tasteful mods. They ride horrible and are very uncomfortable. Id drive my 99 anywhere. I drove my 91 from Columbus to Cincinnati when I bought it and hated life.

That's odd. I drove my bro's 91 fox from my house to americanmuscle's car show this past August, around 2 hours. Felt pretty comfortable. The only thing I can't stand is it has no tilt wheel lol. I drove his car the other night, and idk why it just feels like your more planted in the fox, in my 95 sometimes I feel like i'm constantly moving around in the seat lol. I would love a new edge cobra.

chris91

Reaction score
You can swap in a tilt column. Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think its the 79-85 that have the tilt columns.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I've got a notch and I like the looks of the car but meeehhhh. I don't get the appeal of the foxbodies for anything other than a possible race build. SN95s are a million times more comfy to me and the interior is world's better.

I wondered when you'd post in this thread. You never disappoint Sam. Lawl

Fox notches rules. Sn95s are more comfortable. New edges are neat if they are Mach 1s or cobras, and you're fighting an uphill battle driving anything else.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can we just all agree that there's nothing better than a nice SN95? You get the best of both worlds with a 94-95 or 96-98 4V. The body style is old enough now that a really clean example will stand out in a crowd, you can either get the tried and true 5.0L that makes Fox bodies so much fun or get a 4V which is really the only appeal I'd have for a New Edge car. They have better brakes than a Fox, 5-lug which is just nice, better interiors by a long shot than the Fox AND you can get it with actual BLACK, not that Charcoal nonsense that they decided would be better for 99+.

If you want a car to drive, get a 94+ car.
If you want a car to do extensive work to, get a notch.

Either way, just don't get a HHR SS.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
You can swap in a tilt column. Someone correct me if Im wrong but I think its the 79-85 that have the tilt columns.

Ok you asked, you shall receive :) 89 was the last year for tilt in a fox,and 90 is the first year for airbag in a fox. Now for homeboy I have owned a79 coupe,91 ssp coupe,92 coupe,93 ssp coupe,85 hatch,89 hatch,95 gt,94gt,03mach1.Out of all of these stangs the 94/95 is most comfortable the foxes were all rattle trapes except my 91 ssp coupe. Comfort would have to be my 94/95's,but my fox weren't that bad . Every single fox from 79-93 I have been in have ALL rattletraps except my 91 and my buddies 90.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sn95s are like beautiful women. ... curves in all the right places.

foxes are like boxes. ... thats it.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if i were to do a fox it'd be a duplicate of this guy's hard work. the capri body + mustang front end swap:

mmfp_0811_01_z%2B1988_ford_mustang_coupri%2Bleft_front_view.jpg

those body curves :pedobear:

RichV

Reaction score
Have you sat in stock seats for a notch? Nothing to write home about at all.

I'm a Fox guy, but a stock notch does not look good IMO. Wheels, lowered, and some suspension does wonders.

But this ...
mump_0402_04_z+ford_mustang_saleen_10_rarest_saleens+1988_coupe.jpg

Is about as cool as Foxes get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online