Frame rails

Discussion in 'General Tech' started by rsm, Jul 24, 2019.

1. rsm

rsm New Member

Does anyone know of a company that makes new replacement frame rails? I have a 94 GT and the frame rail under the driver is beat to crap and I need to replace it before I install subframe connectors. I'd settle for one pulled from a parts car. I've tried doing searches but can't seem to come up with anything for the 94-95 GT's. Thanks!

2. evilcw311

evilcw311 Moderator Staff Member Staff

Replacement frame rails on a unibody?? Never heard or seen anything like that. Show pics of the damage your talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  3. chris84svo

chris84svo New Member

Call prestige mustang or MPS auto salvage, they have tons of these cars and have helped me out more than once!!

rsm likes this.
  4. PinkieT

PinkieT Well-Known Member

When I was into older Mopars I saw plenty of repop unibody frame rails and repair caps. Front frame rails that held the torsion bar, rear frame rails under the trunk, etc. LMR is selling Fox body frame rails. Maybe SN95 is next.

5. rsm

rsm New Member

Unibody cars have stamped steel rails, 2 front 2 rear. A little late at night to take a pic. Mopar has a lot of repop rails. Older and newer Mustangs have framerails made but not the SN95's. This pic is a front frame rail for an early model Mustang.

Attached Files:

6. evilcw311

evilcw311 Moderator Staff Member Staff

Interesting. I’ve seen these for much older cars but never for anything like our sn’s

7. ttocs

ttocs Legend

I thought they didn't even make them for the fox bodies but that there are plenty of people rebuilding them with the rust they develop up front.