Frankenstang Motor and Nitrous Numbers

RabidPony

Reaction score
While it's not my car any longer, I did build the whole thing myself so I still feel proud enough to brag on it. I recently sold my 98 that I was turning into a track car for the twisties but, sadly, I never got it tuned or dynoed after building it. However, the new owner is absolutely in love with her and got her tuned and dynoed to see what she could do. The motor is a high compression (11.77:1) 2V motor built on an 03 Mach 1 shortblock with 03 PI heads and intake, VT Stage 2 N/A cams, UPR Upper Plenum, Accufab 75mm TB, and BBK Equal Length Shorties. That's the short list anyway. He dynoed it N/A and with a 150 shot.

It made (at the wheels) :

All Motor : 309/321

150 Shot : 491/541

I had projected 300/300 on the N/A motor so I'm quite pleased. What do you guys think?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Looks like u hit the target, I've never heard of the Mach 1 block and 2v head combo before, probably a stout motor.

OP
OP
R

RabidPony

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone I've talked to about the car, from before the build to now, has never heard of anyone else using that combo. Looks like it works. :cool:

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
nice dude! i'm always interested in the 5.4 builds. i chickened out on doing one. lololol