Frankenstein build help/questions

Diablo

Reaction score
I have a 99 gt that's been rebuilt. I just noticed the rear end is crooked and the subframes are beat up. Prob from a jack or speed bumps. Now my question is. If I pick up a high mileage v6 car, use my gt for a parts car, and say I wanted a coyote swap. Would I have to do any ecu swap from my gt to the v6 since the coyote has its own stand alone ecu and pcm?

lutter94

Reaction score
What parts do you need from the gt. If you're going to swap a coyote in place? Rear end would be good. But Idk what bell pattern a coyote has. The gt ecu would have no use for a coyote swap. There's a swap build here somewhere

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Coyote has a modular bell housing. So for starters you would have to swap that v6 car over to a modular v8 car and then start the coyote swap, of course you would be setting the coyote in place instead of the 4.6 but it follows the same line.

OP
OP
D

Diablo

Reaction score
I've got a complete gt. I figured the 8.8 would be a must. What about front suspension componets? I'm a fox body guy that recently switched to the new edge body and the fox cars had different front spindles and such. The big thing i didn't wanna do is swap the gt ecu and pcm into the v6 car. I figured with the control pack for the coyote I wouldn't need to but wanted to double check with you guys. Like I said being a fox guy where everything was mostly mechanical. Guage wise anyway I really wanted to avoid the computer swap. Thanks guys

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
That coyote swap will need sn95 specific headers as well. The stock coyote would work great if the sn95 internal body structure allowed a tad bit more room!

Im thinking (I do this alot.....while sitting around......on night shift......waiting on machines.....watching maintenance men zombie around) finding a nice rolling chassis off craigslist. Swap all that you have over into it. When you clear that milestone, build a nice n/a 4.6l 2v. Why? Cause its cheap and easily possible. Most guys dream big with desires of mass amounts of hp from boost. Apply the dream only to find themselves stuck in life situations destroying the big dream. Besides, youre not going to hook up on the streets and any modern day AWD ecoboost or corvette will leave you wondering why you spent all that money for all this hp when those cars driven off the lot spanked yours. The 2v is very mighty!

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I've got a complete gt. I figured the 8.8 would be a must. What about front suspension componets? I'm a fox body guy that recently switched to the new edge body and the fox cars had different front spindles and such. The big thing i didn't wanna do is swap the gt ecu and pcm into the v6 car. I figured with the control pack for the coyote I wouldn't need to but wanted to double check with you guys. Like I said being a fox guy where everything was mostly mechanical. Guage wise anyway I really wanted to avoid the computer swap. Thanks guys

Front suspension and brakes are the same for a GT and V6. I'd thrown in some tubular parts though to open up the room.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to go coyote in the v6, I think the only thing worth swapping is the rear end from your GT. Suspensions isn't different and you'd want tubular anyways.

Personally, I'd just transplant the entire GT into the v6 and throw some boost at it. Spend the extra savings on suspension and other goodies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online