Friday Funday! (Timeslips inside)

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Am I the only one not able to see the pictures now?

Sounds like you had a good time out, and that's what counts. Honestly, I had more fun when I was running high 13s/low 14s than I do now running high 11s/low 12s.

Some tracks have .500 on the slip, others have .000. I've seen both.

Also, you gotta watch diesels, man. It takes very little effort (intake, exhaust, tune) to get newer diesels into the 12s. Spend a little money on a turbo and/or injectors, and they'll often run well into the 11s. And as you alluded to, their biggest advantage is the element of surprise. "Oh look, a big, 8000 pound 4-wheel drive truck. No problem." Next thing you know, he's showing you the tail lights from a few bus lengths away. :grin:

shorty

Reaction score
Practice. Soon as i see that 3rd yellow come on.. off i go. not bad times for being new at the track

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Am I the only one not able to see the pictures now?

Sounds like you had a good time out, and that's what counts. Honestly, I had more fun when I was running high 13s/low 14s than I do now running high 11s/low 12s.

Some tracks have .500 on the slip, others have .000. I've seen both.

Also, you gotta watch diesels, man. It takes very little effort (intake, exhaust, tune) to get newer diesels into the 12s. Spend a little money on a turbo and/or injectors, and they'll often run well into the 11s. And as you alluded to, their biggest advantage is the element of surprise. "Oh look, a big, 8000 pound 4-wheel drive truck. No problem." Next thing you know, he's showing you the tail lights from a few bus lengths away. :grin:

Exactly man. Had a freakin great time. And yeah we have a 7.3 diesel with an intake, 4in straight pipe, and currently awaiting tuner's arrival. And already that thing is waaaay faster than it was bone stock. Gotta freakin love diesels! It just looked bone ass stock lol. Then after I ran it I saw the 4in exhaust and it all made sense..

Practice. Soon as i see that 3rd yellow come on.. off i go. not bad times for being new at the track

And yeah slobra told me about the 3rd yellow light trick and that's how I nailed the .8 on my third run. Definitely worked! And thanks man, I hope to get them down real soon!

FrankenStang

Reaction score
those big turbo trucks are fast and all but good luck in a road situation being able to spool up..half the time they cant get the drop on the light..id rather see a typhoon or a cyclone running..
and yaaa,i looked at ur slip,you can no doubt run faster..you had a decent 1/4 with such a low speed..youll get it down.
I always go rite as the 2nd light is about to light because I have an auto and by the time the power transfers through and my car launches the light is dropped and I get good reaction times for the most part.

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Exactly man. Had a freakin great time. And yeah we have a 7.3 diesel with an intake, 4in straight pipe, and currently awaiting tuner's arrival. And already that thing is waaaay faster than it was bone stock. Gotta freakin love diesels! It just looked bone ass stock lol. Then after I ran it I saw the 4in exhaust and it all made sense..

Yea, my brother has a 7.3 with a LOT of mods. Turbo, injectors, built tranny, intake, exhaust, tune, etc. Just shy of 600 wheel. Still working the kinks out, but it should run solidly in the 12s. A friend of his with an identical setup ran 12.6s a few weeks ago in the hot and humid August weather here in NC. Expecting that fast or faster when it cools down a bit.

those big turbo trucks are fast and all but good luck in a road situation being able to spool up..half the time they cant get the drop on the light..id rather see a typhoon or a cyclone running..

It depends. An older setup, with a huge single turbo? Yea, it might take a few seconds to spool on the highway. But a reasonable setup spools pretty quick. My brother's truck spools at 60 mph within a second or two. Newer motors like the 6.4 with sequential turbos will make 700+ on the tires on the stock turbos, and they spool pretty much instantaneously at any speed.

As to cutting a good light, every redneck and their uncle has a diesel truck with a "chip" that they spout off about how much "torque" it's making. Typically, those folks don't know much about racing or how to actually go fast. Consequently, they're not likely to show good courtesy on a tree, nor cut a good light. The guys who actually know a little bit about diesels, how to tune them, how to make power​ out of them, those guys will likely be as good on the tree as any other racer.

svt slobra

Reaction score
[MENTION=16906]KillNThrill24[/MENTION] .......i forgot to tell you friiday man .......adam made an appt with a diesel perf shop in london ohio ........the cummins is getting a custom built turbo,injectors and a custom efi live tune. it is promised to make 700hp or better and crack off 11 second passes all night long........so we all gotta hit the track up again soon lol

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yupp you told me brotha. It was in between makin fun of Brian hahahaha! But dude that is gonna be SICK!! At least when were sittin there runnin 14's we can have him blowin doors off the guys we can't beat LOL. Btw freakin love your signature hahahaha

svt slobra

Reaction score
Yupp you told me brotha. It was in between makin fun of Brian hahahaha! But dude that is gonna be SICK!! At least when were sittin there runnin 14's we can have him blowin doors off the guys we can't beat LOL. Btw freakin love your signature hahahaha

haha i know it man.........and thanks

Radicals

Reaction score
Thanks for putting up that vid. That's a wicked car you've got there

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.