Front Bumper Quick Release Install?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Okay so basically my car is extremely low and I scrape everything. No I'm not raising it, I'd like to be able to pop my front bumper off with ease. More often than not I can't go to a place because I won't make it up. Anyone install a set on an SN? Have a cobra front bumper. I want black so it blends in! I know its an import thing but I dig that type of stuff, hence some styling aspects on my car. Don't want to hear your opinion on them, just any install tips/pics! Thanks!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I remember seeing somewhere that someone used the dzus fasteners on their bumper but it would still require taking the headlights off and a bit of work to remove/replace.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I added my install to Pete@FTR's post.

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...-Release-Bumper-(Dzus-Quarter-turn-fasteners)

im not sure you will find Black dzus fasteners, but it may be possible. The silver look of them dont bother me because....Racecar.... No need to remove the headlights, you only have to disconnect the foglight harness from the bulb and undo the 6 dzus 1/4 turns. I can have the bumper off in about 30 seconds. Putting it on takes a little longer if you leave the leadlights in (with a 99-04 and how they are installed with the slide pins, its easier to just pull them out).

I still need to add 2 or 3 dzus to the bottome of the bumper where it attaches to the core supporf as the center of it is still a little to free to move about.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so the idea is that if you can't get your car into the parking lot you want to, your going to stop, take the bumper off and then come back and get it or do you throw the bumper in the back seat?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Like [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] is saying, this doesn't really seem like the answer to your problem

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my car is probably lower then anyones on here(when parked) and I have no issues with scraping so yes, there is a solution.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
so the idea is that if you can't get your car into the parking lot you want to, your going to stop, take the bumper off and then come back and get it or do you throw the bumper in the back seat?

Mmmmm fair enough. I'll have to save up for bags, that would probably solve my issues. One day hopefully

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I know exactly how low long tubes hang it sucks. Bad choice if you wanted to go real low.. I think my 03 it's just as low front bumper with lip is lower tho. No issues for me.. I want mid lenght headers instead is this longtubes.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I know exactly how low long tubes hang it sucks. Bad choice if you wanted to go real low.. I think my 03 it's just as low front bumper with lip is lower tho. No issues for me.. I want mid lenght headers instead is this longtubes.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Biggest regret is longtubes hahahaha. They've caused me so many issues I should've swapped in shorties when I did the HCI swap.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell