Front Control Arms and Sub Frame connectors

CobRyan

Reaction score
Forum - The 96 Cobra handles like spaghetti. Please advise with combination of control arms w/ ball joints and sub frame connectors. 72k miles, springs, shocks, struts have been replaced.

Thanks

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
The first thing I would suggest is to replace all of your rubber bushings. They are the connective tissue between your suspension components. Mileage and time take their toll on rubber bushings. They can look good, but be bad. Your options vary depending on how you plan on using the car. If this is a daily driver, rubber replacement bushings are fine. If you plan on using the car for performance driving (and you're not concerned about NVH), you can go with poly, Delrin or spherical bushings (depending on the location). Avoid 2-piece poly bushings in the rear UCAs/LCAs.

I've used MOOG ball joints in my autocross cars for years and they have held up really well.

As for subframe connectors, this is another decision that depends on how you plan to use the car. Full-length weld-in subframe connectors (I like Stifflers) are good for a street car. For performance driving, I highly recommend the Stifflers FIT System. I've used it on my SN95 autocross cars for years and it does an incredible job of stiffening up the chassis.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I'd say if you already replaced those things for starters and you don't want to drop a huge amount of extra money, get the 03 front arms like previously mentioned but also consider a lateral location piece for the rear suspension. I'm telling you, if you'd get a panhard bar or a watts link, it'll change your life. Back in 2012 my 96 Cobra got a Fays2 watts link and it was AMAZING.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'd say if you already replaced those things for starters and you don't want to drop a huge amount of extra money, get the 03 front arms like previously mentioned but also consider a lateral location piece for the rear suspension. I'm telling you, if you'd get a panhard bar or a watts link, it'll change your life. Back in 2012 my 96 Cobra got a Fays2 watts link and it was AMAZING.

Yip, I run a MM PHB and love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online