Front end noise

turion94

Reaction score
My car makes this horrible noise over speed bumps or just bumps and dips in the road. It's getting worse. I've already replaced the shocks, stuts, springs, isos. Anybody know what it is?

[video=youtube_share;kQP8jrUUuRo]http://youtu.be/kQP8jrUUuRo[/video]

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
I'll have to spray wd40 on my control arm bushings and see. I put new struts in already and have mm Caster camber plates.

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
I would try that and see if it makes a difference. I know you said it was the front end making noise but Did you cut or change the pinion snubber when you lowered the car? Were the ball joints checked really well when springs were changed?

Kris

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
I would try that and see if it makes a difference. I know you said it was the front end making noise but Did you cut or change the pinion snubber when you lowered the car? Were the ball joints checked really well when springs were changed?

Kris

No I didnt have the ball joints checked when the springs were changed and I dont think the pinion snubber was altered.

The car was lowered with h&r sport springs front, h&r race springs rear, maximum motorsports caster camber plates, original shocks/struts back in 2001.

The car sat for 6 years until I got it 2010 (Long Story).

I've been DDing it for 4 years now and the front end squeeks over every little bump and dip in the road.

I was given a free set of new Monroe Sensa Trac shocks and struts 6 months ago with new spring isolators. So to save money and to make use of it I got rid of the race springs in back and put the stock springs back in to go with the monroe shocks. Didnt think they would hold up to race springs. I just put the stock oem rear springs in to save money. I paid a shop to install the front struts and isos on the h&r sport springs in the front.

I was disapointed to find that it didnt do anything to quiet the noises and the car really dosnt handle all that great. I want to just accept that I made a poor decision and should have just paid the money to get H&R super sport springs, Tokiko Blue shocks and struts but thats $$$$ and it sounds like my bushing or ball joints are shot.

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
When you turn the steering wheel either direction is there a sqeeking noise? Ford ball joints make alot of noise when they start to fail and get louder as they get worse. I would replace the front control arms and check ther rear control arms. I dont think you made a bad choices we all learn some how. Just to make sure none of the bushings have been replaced with poly bushing have they? If they have try lubracating they bushings, because poly bushings do get noisy when they are dry.

kris

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
No noise turning the steering wheel. I don't think any bushings have been touched. Not that I can tell anyway. Sounds like I just need to take it to a shop and have it inspected.

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
No noise turning the steering wheel. I don't think any bushings have been touched. Not that I can tell anyway. Sounds like I just need to take it to a shop and have it inspected.

Ok then its prod not the ball joints but taking it to a shop is a good idea if you dont feel like you can do it your self.

Kris

blk99gt

Reaction score
Also check out your sway bar links

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprayed Coupe

Reaction score
Motor mounts, you didn't state age of car or milage, but my 2000 broke the motor mounts.
Also check the transmission mount. The wife's 01 model broke. Also sounded like front end problems but it was the stock rubber mount split in 2.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
def. sounds like unlubricated bushings to me.

just get under there and check out your control arm bushings in the front (really easy to do) that'd be my first guess.

Motor mounts, you didn't state age of car or milage, but my 2000 broke the motor mounts.
Also check the transmission mount. The wife's 01 model broke. Also sounded like front end problems but it was the stock rubber mount split in 2.

your avatar makes me el-oh-el.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
OK here is an update. I found out what the problem was. I took my car to a shop that was recommended to me by a close friend. I told them what it was doing. They looked at it and right away noticed it was my sway bar bushings. They put some lube on them and its completely quiet now.

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
I am glad you found the issue. I didnt think about the sway bar end links but it was mentioned in a post above.

Kris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.