Front end overhaul.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Developed a squealing in the front end whenever the car is stationary and I turn the wheel. So it's either the tierod ends or balljoints. Everything in the front is original from 95, so around 58,500 miles on the front with the exception of the front swaybar endlinks and bushings I changed last year. I'll be doing the following, inner & outer tierod ends, J&M CC plates, Steeda X2 BJ's, New swaybar bushings

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Moog ball joints, Maximum Motorsports bump steer kit, solid steering rack bushings

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I think I'm in the same boat as you man. I'm waiting to do my struts and CC plates until I get everything else I might need, but I'm not sure what all needs to be replaced. We noticed last night while the car was in the air, if you grab the front wheels at 3 and 6 o'clock there is a lot of slack in the rack I'm guessing. Everything up front is original from 94 as well lol.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah skip the x2 BJs. Bumpsteer kit is honestly not a bad idea as well as the solid rack bushings.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Any reason you're getting CC plates? Being only dropped an inch should be fine with the stock stut top plates.

Yeah, the tires are pointed in somewhat, and when I got an alignment after dropping it, it improved a lot. But they're still tilted in a bit. Tires wear fine so maybe I should skip them and save the $$

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
yeah skip the x2 BJs. Bumpsteer kit is honestly not a bad idea as well as the solid rack bushings.

I decided on moog bj's. Bumpsteer kit I just think is a little much for a daily imo. How hard are the rack bushings to change? I'll be doing all the work myself, I know its doable. Save a shit load in labor too.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I decided on moog bj's. Bumpsteer kit I just think is a little much for a daily imo. How hard are the rack bushings to change? I'll be doing all the work myself, I know its doable. Save a shit load in labor too.

swapping to OEM/Poly rack bushings is a 10 minute job. Going with solid is a 15 minute job (you have to cut the sleeve that holds the bolts, not a big deal at all).

glad you went Moog -- they're the best bang for the buck.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
swapping to OEM/Poly rack bushings is a 10 minute job. Going with solid is a 15 minute job (you have to cut the sleeve that holds the bolts, not a big deal at all).

glad you went Moog -- they're the best bang for the buck.

Good to know. Some people were making it out to be such a big deal, dropping the whole rack and whatnot. Just watched a video, looks pretty simple lmao. Yeah I'll go Moog on the bj's. I was debating on just isolating the squealing noise, but I might aswell just do the balljoints, tierod ends (inner too), swaybar bushings and rack bushings

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score

I hear ya. It doesn't have anything to do with being a daily driver though, it has to do with proper steering geometry. If your car doesn't pull over bumps then you probably don't need it.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I hear ya. It doesn't have anything to do with being a daily driver though, it has to do with proper steering geometry. If your car doesn't pull over bumps then you probably don't need it.

Gotcha. Nah it doesn't pull the wheel over bumps thankfully lol

Addermk2

Reaction score
That funny moment when you realize that Steeda's X2 balljoint is made by Moog

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Regardless of who they're made by they seem to fail prematurely and from what I gathered there's no need for an X2 ball joint if you set up the rest of the front end properly.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of who they're made by they seem to fail prematurely and from what I gathered there's no need for an X2 ball joint if you set up the rest of the front end properly.

Ditto. I really appreciate the warning of the X2s, I'm getting Moog's soon. Thanks man

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online