Front end squeek

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got a squeeking noise coming from the front passanger side.. I've got FRPP "C" springs with no isolaters in the front and was wondering if that was my problem.. But even when I hit the brakes or if I turn the steering wheel it squeeks.. So I'm not positive on what it can be. I know it started after I got my alignment done. The guy had to drill out the pop rivets on the factory camber plates to get the most out of them that he could..
Any advice on what it could be.. I'm still leaning towards the spring, but just want some more feedback.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I've heard Ford's at least used to be notorious for bushings that squeaked. I don't know if they still are or not but that could be the issue...?

My car squeaks pretty bad and I've got the stock springs. :dunno:

freefallin98

Reaction score
yeah I have hella squeeks too. Especially when I am going about 50 or more, a loud,fast, high-pitched squeek comes from what seems to be eithethe dash, hood, or under the hood or something. Its weird.....Its like my car is haunted lol.

96gt226410

Reaction score
Fords are notoriously known for bad outter tie rod ends. Jack up the front of your car (not by the control arms; try the frame rail) and grab the tire at 3:00 and at 9:00 and shake it side to side. If it's loose there, it's tie rod ends. The people who just did your alignment should've checked them before they did it because if you get new tie rod ends, you're going to have to get another alignment. Secondly, grab the wheel at 12:00 and at 6:00 and shake it toward and away from you. If it's loose there, it's ball joints.

whty98

Reaction score
freefallin98 said:
yeah I have hella squeeks too. Especially when I am going about 50 or more, a loud,fast, high-pitched squeek comes from what seems to be eithethe dash, hood, or under the hood or something. Its weird.....Its like my car is haunted lol.

I've got the same problem and has about driven me crazy :comando:. It's really bad on country roads.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I had to replace my balljoints 2 years ago...but they didn't sqeak they would clunk or thud on turns and bumps...i caught it early.

S

scarface

Bob, arent you running the cobra a arms? I remember somethings different about yours. Where did you get them?

96sohc

Reaction score
03-04 Cobra A arms are a Ford Motorsport item, check a catalog.

S

scarface

^ I really wanted the input of what was the difference between the two. *Hope you didnt get killed by the ice yesterday :(

SN952NV

Reaction score
Ive got the FRP C springs also and had a situation awhile ago with some wack noise...turned out it was the screws that come through to the CC plates... that fixed that and I also had the sqeek.... But I only noticed it when It was cold and I would just start out driving..... or when my suspension would flex going into my driveway... after awhile these C springs are going to destroy a stock dampener so that could be it.... im going to have/ need to replace mine any sec..

96sohc

Reaction score
I think they off something like a 10% increase in turning radius as well.

I was putting some shells through my 870 when it started to sleet, but it didn't ice over, so it was pretty much just freezing rain.

freefallin98

Reaction score
So sometimes when I grab my rear drivers side wheel, It makes the same noise that is sometimes makes whe nI let the cluth out....what could this be? Could it be tie rods, bushings, control arms...there are so many options that it could be...but this noise doesnt happen very often...just every so one when I let out the clutch only. It just comes and goes when it pleases. Its literally driving my INSANE :lame:! Please some help guys!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
freefallin98 said:
So sometimes when I grab my rear drivers side wheel, It makes the same noise that is sometimes makes whe nI let the cluth out....what could this be? Could it be tie rods, bushings, control arms...there are so many options that it could be...but this noise doesnt happen very often...just every so one when I let out the clutch only. It just comes and goes when it pleases. Its literally driving my INSANE :lame:! Please some help guys!

well you can rule out the tie rods and control arms....since there arent any in the rear... ???

Whistler98

Reaction score
My front end squeeked it was a ball joint. I didn't replace it either I just bought one of the grease needles, stabed a very small hole in the boot and greased it up. No squeek for over a year now! This also worked on my 211,000 mile explorer!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online