Front End Suspension/Steering Mods...?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well after doing some reading im going to remove my offset rack bushings and replace them with normal poly replacements. I believe Maximum Motorsports and they just say bad things about them.

Also I was looking into the bumpsteer kit, looks like a major PITA to setup, all the measuring and stuff involved...I would get a shop to do it but im sure theyd charge an arm and a leg and I even doubt if they would do it right?

What I plan on is:
* 03 Cobra A-Arms (need new balljoints anyways, mine are squeaky)
* Remove offset rack bushings replace with urethane rack bushings
* POSSIBLY - Front Swaybar End Link Kit (shorter & stronger, 4-1/4" length)
* POSSIBLY - Adjustable Tie Rod kit
* also for rear suspension I'm tossing on a Panhand bar to go with my MM LCAs and FRPP UCAs :)

Now I run MM Coil Overs and Tokico Illumina Struts im dropped id say over 2" in the front prob 2.25" so I think the end link kit and tie rods are a good idea...some say tie-rod kits are a PITA (which they seem) but not even worth it?

I need some opinions Id perfer to do it all at once then get a good alignment and not have to worry about it having piece of mind its all done properly. Any more things I should add?

Now would you suggest the end links and tie-rod kit? Im going to go with MM for it all.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Your talking a bumpsteer right?
since your lowered it's a good idea, and they're not hard to install.

just measeure where the old ones sit, then thread on the new one's to the same spot.
On mine the body was longer, so it threaded furter on than the stockers.
you can also measeure outside to outside of the tires, front & back to get it close.
Then, YES get all aligned and be done with it.

on the spacers, you can measure or just eyeball that they're paralell with your A arms, that's all you need there to make sure there's no "bump - stEEerrR"

MM FTMFW!

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly dont really have major bumpsteer issues its just I want to replace my tie-rod ends anyways since im allready in there and before I get a alignment also the endlinks are cheap so why not? I dont want to replace my balljoints (A-Arms) then my tie-rod ends go out a year or two later. Another reason I want to replace my tie rod ends is I poked a small hole in the boot to lube them since I thought it was them that were squeaking but it turned out to be my balljoints which is why im just going to get 03 cobra A-arms.

But the reason im Hesitant on the bumpsteer kit is I dobut ill find a mechanic willing to install it, and if I do I dobut they will even do it right, so mabye ill be better off just installing the endlinks and some OEM new tie-rod ends?

By the sounds of MM's write up it seems like a major PITA to install the adjustable tie-rod ends if you want to set them up properly?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, their instructions are long winded, but thurough.

I explained how I did mine, they were fine, and the alingment guy will adjust it if needed.
didn't take but an hour.

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
what are the negatives of the offset rack bushings. I won't put mine in if there are problems with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99