front end suspension

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Ok first off my car has sportline springs. Second, I just installed my MM CC plates (no more rattle from the UPR sh!T)

then I discovered that my driver side only ball joint is extremely loose. And now, on sharp right turns, the driver's side wheel rubs the wheel well. Could this ball joint cause the rubbage? Either way both are being replaced and then an alignment is being done, but I want some second opinions too

Thanks

George

1997 GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Im not sure on the rubbing issue it could be possible. I would look into replacing them with the 03 Cobra A-Arms since it will cost about the same if not cheaper all said and done, there a bit stronger and you will have more clearance and better turning radius.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
well right now just ball joints is all i can afford and do. Moogs are like $80 for a pair... so i am prolly gonna get those

it's just odd how it's only on one side during one kind of turn

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I had a awnser for you, that is weird but its possible since its the same side that the balljoint is shot on.

Yeah I was saying if you were paying for the labour its faster for them to install the A-Arms then the ball joints but if your doing it your self then yeah its deffently cheaper.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
i can always upgrade later I Just want to get this fu**ing car to a state of normal so I can go buy my beater car

well I'll do ball joints and have it aligned and see what that gets me

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
Im not sure on the rubbing issue it could be possible. I would look into replacing them with the 03 Cobra A-Arms since it will cost about the same if not cheaper all said and done, there a bit stronger and you will have more clearance and better turning radius.

Thats what i did when my ball joint went bad. Only cost me like $140 for the set of 03/04 front control arms with revised ball joints in them already. Easy swap and because the cobra arms are revised they are better for lowered cars and made my alignment easier. I am perfectly aligned with no CC plates needed.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
I had the same exact issue with the one wheel rubbing in one direction thing. It's now gone that I replaced the ball joint.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online