Front seat compatibility with a 2004 (Mustang or other)

Sonic04GT

Reaction score
New guy here. I have a lot of experience with old Mustangs (65-68) but this is my first sn95. Before I redo the cracked leather front seats, I was wondering if there are some easy mounting seats of other brands, or years / models of Mustangs? This is a "Track Night" car, so I would like a 'sport seat" or something with some support. I do not want to make the change to racing seats at the moment. I am 5' 10' and fit fine now with a helmet on, but want to make sure and swapped seats don't get me closer to the roof. I appreciate any experience you can share. Thanks!

Thyme

Reaction score
I've seen a good amount about putting S197 seats into an SN95, though I haven't done it myself.

OP
OP
Sonic04GT

Sonic04GT

Reaction score
94-04 seats are pretty simple
any thing past that is going to be some work modifying the seat rails
Thank you. In you opinion, what are the most comfortable and supportive 94-04 seats? Cobras?

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yeah Mach 1, Bullitt, or 99/01, 03/04 Cobra seats.
The Bullitt would probably be the most subdued looking if that's what you are after.
Keep in mind 99-04 seats are charcoal, not black like the 94-98s.

DrakeS969

Reaction score
I've been looking at Corbeau seats. Their Sport Seat looks a lot like the Cobra seats, but with a more comfortable seat pad. They have all the functions of an OEM seat, and also have options for heated seats and lumbar support. Plus they make brackets for direct bolt in, and they aren't very expensive compared to other options.
I realize this might sound like an advertisement, but it's not. Lol I'm a big guy, and the small seats of my '04 leave a lot to be desired for me. Not only is the seating area small, they have a bit of a design flaw that puts all the pressure on the seat back on a single bolt, which has a habit of shearing off inside the seat. I was researching seats for big guys, and it kept coming up in my searches. I'm not ready to replace the seats yet, but when I do those are going to be what I put in.

Screenshot_20221119-062302_Chrome.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I've been looking at Corbeau seats. Their Sport Seat looks a lot like the Cobra seats, but with a more comfortable seat pad. They have all the functions of an OEM seat, and also have options for heated seats and lumbar support. Plus they make brackets for direct bolt in, and they aren't very expensive compared to other options.
I realize this might sound like an advertisement, but it's not. Lol I'm a big guy, and the small seats of my '04 leave a lot to be desired for me. Not only is the seating area small, they have a bit of a design flaw that puts all the pressure on the seat back on a single bolt, which has a habit of shearing off inside the seat. I was researching seats for big guys, and it kept coming up in my searches. I'm not ready to replace the seats yet, but when I do those are going to be what I put in.

View attachment 21664
Do you have a link for these?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I did have all of my 05 gt seats done in Mexico pretty cheap and look pretty good

Always looking for that second option

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online