Front Seat Foam

Vettn71

Reaction score
I've got a96 GT with bad foam. I see for this model year, up to about 1998 the seat foam is attached to covers. The available seat foam states it is only for use with TMI upholstery.my question is, is there any way to use the stock seat covers with replacement foam?

TIA

Jim

bluex

Reaction score
I suppose you could glue them back down if you wanted but the tmi foam an covers are designed to be hog ringed together. I also doubt youd get the stock covers pulled down an latched on the sides with the tmi foam.

bluex

Reaction score
Is it just the bottom that needs new foam? I believe 99+ have replaceable foam but the colors are not the same as the 94-98. If you just need a bottom cushion maybe you could find a decent passenger side bottom to put on your driver side.

PinkieT

Reaction score
Keep the ideas flowing, guys! I was going to post with the same question. I hate to pay TMI prices for new foam and covers, hate to pay the prices for a Corbeau or Recaro, but hate feeling the wire under the outside bolster too!

Mustanger

Reaction score
On my 94/95 The front buckets are not glued I don't think...you can buy foam & covers but the back seats are glued. Correct me if I am wrong please.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your going to go through the trouble of stripping off the stock covers, the stock foam, and then putting new foam, but the old covers back on? Are the stock covers looking that good? If you have ever seen anyone put covers on a seat, or take them off, you would probably say to put new covers on to keep from having to do this over again in a few years with the stock covers wear out. Its not like unzipping the dress and sliding it off and a new one on its more like pound a soft square peg through a round hole, slowly....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online