FRPP B springs - No isos- Pics? Opinions?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
first of all...any of you that are seriously slammed are full of shiiit if you say you dont scrape, rub tires on fender lips etc lolol. you will scrape your nuts off on all kindsa shiit!! you gotta actually learn how to drive different when running with ZERO wheel gap. if you're trying to have zero wheel gap...fuuk coilovers and do it right...put it on air or just fuuk your exhaust, tires, kmember etc right on up :)

secondly a car don't have to be on its nuts to look good! 5.0h's car looks nice and stout..and healthy so a slight 1" drop all around would do ya right! i say go with the b springs...enjoy the slight drop (which will seem waaaay lower in person and to you) and save your expensive lt's and tires! want zero wheel gap...put her on bags...no other way around it :) k...bye

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
^ Very true. Also i dont know about ur 295's but my 295's are JUST in before the fendors. You wont need them rolled most likely.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
At my current height (which is probably an inch lower than sportlines) There's literally no way to scrape, unless you try to go over a curb. Then it might scrape. Cutting tires, that's another story, because my offset is for a Porsche and not a Mustang, lol. For the standard mustang wheels, they're made specifically to fit mustangs with no modification, so you won't have to roll fenders unless you have 315's or bigger and are slammed.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
first of all...any of you that are seriously slammed are full of shiiit if you say you dont scrape, rub tires on fender lips etc lolol. you will scrape your nuts off on all kindsa shiit!! you gotta actually learn how to drive different when running with ZERO wheel gap. if you're trying to have zero wheel gap...fuuk coilovers and do it right...put it on air or just fuuk your exhaust, tires, kmember etc right on up :)

secondly a car don't have to be on its nuts to look good! 5.0h's car looks nice and stout..and healthy so a slight 1" drop all around would do ya right! i say go with the b springs...enjoy the slight drop (which will seem waaaay lower in person and to you) and save your expensive lt's and tires! want zero wheel gap...put her on bags...no other way around it :) k...bye

Amen Brotha. So glad you chimed in!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
^ Very true. Also i dont know about ur 295's but my 295's are JUST in before the fendors. You wont need them rolled most likely.

My 295s sidewall is just in line with the inner fender lip. Close enough it'll cut it.

At my current height (which is probably an inch lower than sportlines) There's literally no way to scrape, unless you try to go over a curb. Then it might scrape. Cutting tires, that's another story, because my offset is for a Porsche and not a Mustang, lol. For the standard mustang wheels, they're made specifically to fit mustangs with no modification, so you won't have to roll fenders unless you have 315's or bigger and are slammed.

Yeah cutting tires was what i meant. My 295s are just on the inner fender lip. Decent 1.5" drop would destroy the sidewalls, they're just touching.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
My Son has B springs on his 98gt. Drop was about 1" all around. he also used his stock shocks and struts. Neither he nor his wife has ever complained of the ride being harsh. IIRC he put the spring iso's back on too.

His front tires are 255-45 and mine are 255-40. I'll take care of my wheel gap soon enough.

You son's car has the perfect ride height for daily driving IMO! Looks great... My '95 is lowered about 3" and it's tough to drive anything other than a flat road around here.. Speed bumps? Forget it.. RR crossings? Creepin and angling..

my stock ride height 98??? I drive this ***** like my 4x4 LOL

MissV8Der

Reaction score
I think you'll like what you went with. At this point, any kind of drop will be nice for you. When it comes to our cars, everyone gives their opinions; and it's just that, opinions. At the end of the day, it's YOUR car and you make it how you want it. :)

I will say, on my New Edge, my supersports lower my car 1.6" in the rear and my 285s are nowhere near rubbing. When it comes time to replace tires, I will probably go with 295s, but I think any bigger and I'll start to rub (no bueno). I do have longtubes and with my SS springs and Steeda Balljoints, I'm lowered a hair over 2" and I scrape if I'm not extremely careful. Do my longtubes scrape? Nope, they're tucked pretty well. I scrape where my midpipe meets my catback (lol). It sucks and I make a funny face everytime it happens. hahaha.

You'll like the springs you went with, and I can't wait to see pics of when you get 'em on on IG!

lutter94

Reaction score
My midpipe/catback joint scrapes before my longtubes also. Muffers hang low too, but i think it could be adjusted, they aren't any lower than the joint in front of it......

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My midpipe/catback joint scrapes before my longtubes also. Muffers hang low too, but i think it could be adjusted, they aren't any lower than the joint in front of it......
Same spot for me too lol
I think you'll like what you went with. At this point, any kind of drop will be nice for you. When it comes to our cars, everyone gives their opinions; and it's just that, opinions. At the end of the day, it's YOUR car and you make it how you want it. :)

I will say, on my New Edge, my supersports lower my car 1.6" in the rear and my 285s are nowhere near rubbing. When it comes time to replace tires, I will probably go with 295s, but I think any bigger and I'll start to rub (no bueno). I do have longtubes and with my SS springs and Steeda Balljoints, I'm lowered a hair over 2" and I scrape if I'm not extremely careful. Do my longtubes scrape? Nope, they're tucked pretty well. I scrape where my midpipe meets my catback (lol). It sucks and I make a funny face everytime it happens. hahaha.

You'll like the springs you went with, and I can't wait to see pics of when you get 'em on on IG!

Thank you! I usually hit where you hit, only on speed bumps even if I go like 1 mile an hour and completely sideways lol. I'm just looking for a slightly lowered car, nothing major lol. Yeah insta will get blown up when I get them in haha, most likely saturday if its not raining

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online