FRPP Head Swap Kit

voidfinger

Reaction score
Ok guys, i just got my FRPP head swap kit in and i'm freaking out. The head gaskets are like nothing i've ever seen before. Mind you i have only built pushrod motors and these gaskets look totally different than those.

Are the mod motor gaskets suppose to look like about 4 super thin sheets of metal and even where they hit the combustion chamber it is still like that. It looks totaly wierd and stuff. Just tell me if these are suppose to be that way. Wish i had a digital camera to show you guys.

Mitchell

zyzygy

Reaction score
I bought that kit for the bolts and the exhaust gaskets; ended up buying felpro because it is better to have peace of mind.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, i've just never seen anything like them....it looks like the pressure is going to blow threw them like swiss cheeze, so how do they work? might be a stupid question but enlighten me.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
125 shipped from my favorit parts distriputer "CJPONYPARTS". Man those guys got some deals. Everyone else was wanting like 150 for the same kit :) I went by advance the other day and just for the headgaskets they wanted like 100 a piece and then you gotta buy those tty bolts that are like 100 dollars and then the new dip stick tube....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn the prices must have gone up :dunno:

I paid $97 for mine from www.johnbleakleyford.com but that was a few years ago. You see them pop up on ebay for $75 every now and then.

The gaskets that you see for $100 each are the new ones...I'll go with Felpro on my next build i think.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea they were felpros, but i've heard that you can't beat ford gaskets. :dunno:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow they wanted $100 each for Felpros...i've seen them for $60...

The Ford is the best IMO but the newer version is expensive.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea so i've heard, Randy on Corral said that he wouldn't put any f/i on these gaskets from the kit. But he wanted like 1-- or so for the gaskets and i just can't spend that on some damn head gaskets. What makes the new ones so much better???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online