FRPP/SVO Supercharger Dyno Numbers

SBSVT

Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with 1.4 and 1/8 numbers so if I were to hit between a mid 12 and a mid 13 is that good? This is what I'm hoping for once I complete my car

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score
the 2011 gt ran a 12.7

mid 12s is good IMO, 12s are good IMO

SBSVT

Reaction score
What are the stock 0-30 0-60 0-100 0-130 times for our 2vs'? I ask because I was reading the new car and driver today and they had the new v6 and v8 mustang up against the v6 and v8 camaro and I just want to compare our numbers to the new ones. I don't know if any of yall have read the article yet, but the new 5.0 was just barely beat from the dig runs by the camaro ss. The test drivers said they believed that if the 5.0 had wider tires that it would have matched the ss, but all the rolling pulls the 5.0 raped the ss so bad, it wasn't eve close. I can post the results if anyone wants to see them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey those are very good #'s for what you have. That is the same neighborhood the basic 2V KB's were putting out on our cars.

I wonder what mine will do? Same blower but a 9lb pulley and 10% OD Crank Pulley so that should get me @ 12lbs of boost. Going through P&P'd Fox Lake PI Heads and St2 CMS Blower Cams. The only thing that will hurt my power is my C/R will be @ 9.0-1 from my 23cc dished pistons. Not sure how the blower will like 12psi of non intercooled boost so a Meth Kit may be in the future if temps get too high.

I was gonna be happy with 350ish rwhp through my 4R70W but now I think I might expect a little more.

OP
OP
S

sneaky98gt

Reaction score
Thanks Venom!

DropTopPony said:
Hey those are very good #'s for what you have. That is the same neighborhood the basic 2V KB's were putting out on our cars.

I wonder what mine will do? Same blower but a 9lb pulley and 10% OD Crank Pulley so that should get me @ 12lbs of boost. Going through P&P'd Fox Lake PI Heads and St2 CMS Blower Cams. The only thing that will hurt my power is my C/R will be @ 9.0-1 from my 23cc dished pistons. Not sure how the blower will like 12psi of non intercooled boost so a Meth Kit may be in the future if temps get too high.

I was gonna be happy with 350ish rwhp through my 4R70W but now I think I might expect a little more.

I don't think 350 will be a problem at all for you. I made 325, BUT, it was on a STD corrected Dynojet. I did some figuring and it would have made 295ish on an SAE corrected MustangDyno. STILL, it made good numbers with low boost and relatively little amount of mods.

I'm not sure how it will like all that non-intercooled boost either. I noticed last time I went to the track that if I hot lapped it, on about the 3rd pass it would ping just a little up top, so no more hot lapping, lol.

I also have a little dilemma that I think could be attributed to heat soak. I am running roughly the trap speed I should be in the 1/8 (85 mph on an off-weather day, so probably 87 with good weather), but my 1/4 trap (105) is several mph low, I think, for the hp. There was a guy at the strip with a bolt on, geared, cammed 01 GT, making 295 on a MustangDyno. I raced him one time; our 60', 1/8 times, and 1/8 traps were pretty much identical. But he ran .3 seconds faster in the 1/4, and 7 mph better. Something is up with that, but I don't know what. My tuner said it could easily be that the blower was getting heat soaked by the end of the track, and that was causing a power loss. I'm going to data log the IATs next time I go to the track, and see if that is the problem or not.

I also think it could be the transmission. I'm making it shift "hard" (I put that in quotes because it really isn't all that hard) by upping the pressure in the tune. I've heard that can cause a problem up top in 3rd gear, something about that putting more strain on the motor. The solution: do the J-Mod and turn the shift pressures back down a bit. I'm still debating on whether or not I want to do the J-Mod.

SBSVT

Reaction score
whats the j-mod? I think I finally decided on a vortech blower, since my car is my daily driver should i keep in non intercooled? The reason I ask is because I noticed you were running non intercooled

sharkbait

Reaction score
Hey guys, im looking to do meth injection and 10psi on a stock motored NPI car (stock heads and cams) with some bolt ons.

I want to run about 9-12 psi or so. What should I expect? Also would you say thats "to much" boost for a stock motor car or is it not too high.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online