frustrating exhaust story

Ryaannn

Reaction score
Well I bought a 94 gt a few months back with the hopes of modding it. Last week I bought an o/r x-pipe as i thought it would be a good place to start, and It sounded simple enough to install myself as I am kinda new to the scene. Well the pipe came in so I threw my car up on the lift at my school. I thought my car was stock, but soon noticed that whoever owned it before me cut out the mufflers and just welded in some regular piping in their place. The car didnt sound bad at all and wasnt even that loud, so i never suspected anything. Well I started unbolting the stock H-pipe and ended up snapping the bolt where the stock pipe connects to the exhaust manifold, even though my shop teacher warned me of this. I wasnt having very much success so I decided to take it to a garage and let the pros do it. The x-pipe cost me $150 (pypes), and the garage charged me $180 for labor. I could not believe how F***ing loud that car was when I started it up this afternoon, without the cats or mufflers. So, im out all that cash and my car sounds even worse than when I started. I just felt like posting this story, I kinda got off to a rough start.

If anyones got a used cat-back they're looking to get rid of, let me know.

spacemonkey

Reaction score
That's why mine is on stands as we speak with PB blaster dripping from it.I used a whole can just to make sure I don't snap anything.

916_5.0

Reaction score
Damn that sucks. That seems kind of expensive for labor to at least its on now though.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
sucks.. get some mac mufflers. If you want to go cheaper just get some weld in flowmasters from a shop.

edit: You have a o/r x. I would still get chambered, but most wont like the sound, but its all up you. :noes:

Kornnut

Reaction score
spacemonkey said:
That's why mine is on stands as we speak with PB blaster dripping from it.I used a whole can just to make sure I don't snap anything.

Drive it around and let it heat up then spray it down again. Worked well for me.

S

scarface

just tell everyone it is an SLP loudmouth system....no one will know the difference.. :)

94Vert

Reaction score
well he said he snapped a bolt so it could have taken them a while to get it out. just buy some flowmaster mufflers and have them welded in. that's the cheapest and best sounding path.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online