Frustration!

95opal

Reaction score
My wife offered to make me soft bags for them. I would just put them behind the front seats.
Soft covers sound great but that wont make them fit behind the seat. You do realize they cover the entire back from rear of front seat to back of the top well? They physically wont fit in the back seat period. Like i said ive heard the dame reasonung for 20 years and have yet to see or get a legit plan to fit them in the car. I own 2 pne peice speedsters so i have first hamd knowledge of tnere size and how it works. If you ever figure put the answer to my question please let me know...its been a mystery long over due lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is the reason I hated driving long distances with my t-tops out on my 73 stingray. No place to put them when driving and they’re half the size of the covers for the stangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Soft covers sound great but that wont make them fit behind the seat. You do realize they cover the entire back from rear of front seat to back of the top well? They physically wont fit in the back seat period. Like i said ive heard the dame reasonung for 20 years and have yet to see or get a legit plan to fit them in the car. I own 2 pne peice speedsters so i have first hamd knowledge of tnere size and how it works. If you ever figure put the answer to my question please let me know...its been a mystery long over due lol

I was thinking putting them behind the seat. Turns out Cervini two piecers come with bags and they say they will fit in the trunk.

"Cervinis Convertible Tonneau Cover
Easily add a streamlined look to your 1994-2004 Mustang convertible with this Cervinis Speedster tonneau cover kit! When your convertible top is down, the framework and convertible top well are exposed. This leaves an unfinished look, as well as allows debris to enter your well opening. This two-piece Speedster tonneau will cover this area, while providing a roadster look! Featuring an injection-molded, urethane construction; this cover is light weight, and built to last! The two-piece design makes it easy for one person to handle, as well as allow you to store in the trunk when not in use! The top and underside have a smooth finish, and are ready for prep and paint. Vinyl storage bags are included that have a felt liner to protect the covers when stored in the trunk. Cervinis includes all installation hardware, as well as weatherstrip, for a complete and total installation package!"

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
man ya know With all the troubles I have had cramming small subwoofer systems into verts I think I would have to see those covers in there to believe it myself.

95opal

Reaction score
Yeah they have been saying they fit in the trunk since day one. Fact is they dont. Do some reading on them if ya dont believe me. Trust me if thats your main reason for buying the two piece instead of one is that you think they will fit in the trunk. Im just lookin out for ya as that is one expensive mistake to make.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I could see them semi-stacked on top of each other bouncing around the back seat but the trunk is limited both by its small opening and the vert top so badly that I just don't see it happening with out your fat friend sitting on the trunk to help it shut.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I got a set of the Cervinis when I bought my car. Each side has a nice factory bag that it fits in. I drove from Phoenix to Albuquerque with mine in the back seat and the top down when I bought the car.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I saw it on the internet. It must be true! :cool:

75f94e65017f36d6c6f910ddc9c414b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PinkieT

PinkieT

Reaction score
Yes, I know how tight the trunk is - I have to work just to get the factory soft tonneau cover in it. Trunk or back seat, as long as when on a cruise and it rains I can put the top up and put the tonneaus in the car someplace, I don't care which. Not happening with a one-piecer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online