FTR Splitter / Tubular Bumper Support

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
As some of you may have seen, I just completed the splitter build for my car, which lead to creating a tubular bash bar to replace the stock one. I'm curious if there's any interest in a kit to do this. If I could get maybe 4 or 5 people to start off it would be worth it.

Here's the idea of what the kit would include:
• Tubular bash bar, direct bolt on replacement. Powder coated black. Would have a split joint that attaches down the middle so it can be shipped easily/less expensively. Grade 8 mounting hardware
• 4 aluminum adjustable support rods w/ stainless steel hardware
• Tow hook optional (have not completed yet, but it will come through the vent so there's no bumper cutting involved)
• Paper template and CAD file of splitter so that you can make it from whatever material you'd like (ABS, alumalite, carbon fiber, tegris, plywood, whatever) Reason for this is that the cost and hassle of shipping a splitter is obviously not worth it, and this can appeal to many different budgets
• Plastic strip for between bumper and splitter
• Misc. mounting hardware
• Detailed installation instructions

I'm looking to do the kit for around $300. Give me your thoughts/input
Here are some pics, more on my flickr page

13178604774_581f603419_z.jpg

13178451223_470555535e_z.jpg

13161397455_1417a69c6b_z.jpg

13090102624_d86fa64613.jpg

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Because Racecar. Looks amazing. The sn bumpers have always looks short and small to me and that just looks sick on em.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Sign me up, I've been in love with that thing since you first posted it on instagram

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
That looks great! Any way it could fit a new edge?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

In theory it does, but I'd need a couple measurements. Mainly that the distance from the back of the stock back bar to the front of the foam insert is 9" as shown and that the distance from center to center of the bash bar mounting points is 35". If both of those things are true it will fit a new edge no problem. And if it doesn't I'd be happy to work with you to make whatever modifications need to be made to fit a new edge and send you a new one.
13202733033_6d86358c77.jpg

I hate when people don't post their PayPal info :)

1 for me with tow hook

The D3V

Sign me up, I've been in love with that thing since you first posted it on instagram

Will do, give me a week or two to get everything together

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
In theory it does, but I'd need a couple measurements. Mainly that the distance from the back of the stock back bar to the front of the foam insert is 9" as shown and that the distance from center to center of the bash bar mounting points is 35". If both of those things are true it will fit a new edge no problem. And if it doesn't I'd be happy to work with you to make whatever modifications need to be made to fit a new edge and send you a new one.

I'll have to think about that, it's very appealing but I doubt I'd be able to buy one any time soon unfortunately.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score

OK no rush on mine car isn't running Lol got money set aside just for you :)

The D3V

Addermk2

Reaction score
I'd love to take my front bumper and foam support out, and replace them with a tube bar. But I need enough clearance for my intercooler, so your design would not work.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Can we get an update on this? I'm still looking for a tubular bash bar and I have my bumper off right now. So the sooner I could get one, the better!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I'd love to take my front bumper and foam support out, and replace them with a tube bar. But I need enough clearance for my intercooler, so your design would not work.

Can we get an update on this? I'm still looking for a tubular bash bar and I have my bumper off right now. So the sooner I could get one, the better!

I thought it wouldn't work with your IC?

Addermk2

Reaction score
I thought it wouldn't work with your IC?

The vertical supports that run to the bottom of the rad support won't clear. But this support looks to be a better design then the bumper bar that Donathen makes. So if the prices were similar, I'd just cut those braces off.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
The vertical supports that run to the bottom of the rad support won't clear. But this support looks to be a better design then the bumper bar that Donathen makes. So if the prices were similar, I'd just cut those braces off.

The whole kit is $300 for pre order that includes all hardware and template for splitter. Just the bumper is $150

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Jig is together and the tube fronts are being welded up

13997237921_ef20db8338_z.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

wmfateam

Reaction score
I may have just missed it, but what material is the pipe?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online