FTR Watts Link (Currently in testing)

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
UPDATE: PRE ORDERS AVAILABLE NOW http://www.fullytorquedracing.com/sn95-watts-link-preorder.html

I have the opportunity to work with the suspension gurus at a local NASCAR team in partnership with my CNC machining business to design a Watts link for the SN95.

I am for sure going to make this for my car, and I'm curious if there's any interest on the forum for a production version. There are only a handful of companies that currently make a watts link for sn95, and I see some ways they could be improved.

The specs would be:
Chromoly tubing (higher strength, lighter weight)
Aircraft grade aluminum CNC machined diff backing
Adjustable height
Available with different rod ends (poly, aluminum, delrin, etc)
Available as a weld-in or bolt-in
All Grade 8, fine thread high strength hardware

The price is tbd but would probably be around $450-650, with a discount for sn95 forums members of course.

Just trying to test the waters and see what you all think.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I think you should do it.. You have a ride for R&D, product evaluation and marketing. I'm sure you'd sell a few.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Hmm this sounds tempting. What time frame are we talking about here? You have the gauge interest time... Model time... Build time... Tweak time... And sell time... So I'm guessing a good few months?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I know there would be a lot of interest in this! I say do it.

I'd be interested in one but I'm keeping mine as a street car.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
If this guy can build one that'll keep my exhaust I might be interested. I wasn't aware that it would be good for a street car.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not losing my $700 Bassani catback for a Watts. That was my point sorry I wasn't clear.

I paid 100 bucks for my Bassani BX Race Catback in mint condition... It was also fitted to work with a PHB also!

Mustanger

Reaction score
I am waiting for a Whiteline version for our cars! It is an incredible design & does not interfere with rear exhaust. They are working on a design for our cars I was told...can hardly wait...if you don't know look them up.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
↑↑they make a good piece for newer cars.. the thing I like about the op is the chromemoly and price if its close to 500 Ill be all over it..

RichV

Reaction score
exhaust chrome > handling

lol :)

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like the big thing here is to be able to keep the rear exhaust. That will definitely be part of the design.

This will be a few months out, we'll build at least a few prototypes and track test different configurations before the first production run is made.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.