FTR Watts Link (Currently in testing)

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Looks like the big thing here is to be able to keep the rear exhaust. That will definitely be part of the design.

This will be a few months out, we'll build at least a few prototypes and track test different configurations before the first production run is made.

You definitely have my attention if you're going to make it clear the exhaust. If you need a test car let me know :) haha. I assume these will be powder coated and all?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Kickass if they clear, I should be in on this. Not often you get an opportunity for some rare parts

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea If it can be made to clear I'm all in ... I'm looking for a new car already

wmfateam

Reaction score
Any update? I was goggling fays2 and stumbled upon this. I was thinking of making a lotus link style system for my car, but time and will everything actually fit and work are questionable. So I would put me down as a strong maybe interested.

cntchds

Reaction score
I loved the watts in my old 94. I'm sure that if people knew what the differences were between PHB and Watts and the prices were similar, they would choose Watts all day. Problem is that every Mustang guy has heard of a PHB and no one has heard of a Watts Link. I wish you luck!

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Doubt it. If anything it would things easier. Working around the exhaust makes this harder to use or fabricate. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Doubt it. If anything it would things easier. Working around the exhaust makes this harder to use or fabricate. .

I figured the exhaust would make it easier just wasn't sure about air ride. I would be interested if it ever happens.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Doubt it would affect it since the bags just take the place of the springs. .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't think they would interfere just wasn't sure if going from down in the weeds to high-water mode would cause isues.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Really depends on the design. . If he doesn't come thru. I'll be looking for a IRS or the fays

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Well apparently this thread is back, didn't notice until just now. I should have been paying attention, my bad ;)

Since it seems like people are still interested, I'm going to start working on this again. Drew it up in Solidworks so here's a rendering of it as of right now.

13920498776_81a751c08a_c.jpg

rz5.0 ttocs Brian95SVT [MENTION=18765]wmfateam[/MENTION]

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
would a side exhaust kit and air ride cause a problem with it?

Side exhaust actually makes it easier since it is completely out of the way. As of right now my 96 is going to be going with side exhaust so the final version may not actually work with stock exhaust. Will be compatible with side, dumps, and possibly irs exhaust.

No clue about the air ride, I have zero experience with air ride, but if it occupys the space of normal coilovers then yes it will fit fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online