FTR Watts Link (Currently in testing)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It was a bit shocking at first till I remembered its no big deal to weld it back into place.

do you have a place to do the laser cutting? I have worked with a place locally that does it and had good luck and they ship.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It was a bit shocking at first till I remembered its no big deal to weld it back into place.

do you have a place to do the laser cutting? I have worked with a place locally that does it and had good luck and they ship.

Actually I used threaded inserts so you just undo a few screws to take the cover off. Other option is riveting which is almost as easy.

I'm having 100+ parts of different types waterjetted and laser cut pretty soon, sent out to a few local shops waiting to hear back on pricing.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
How's the effect on cornering so far?

Very nice. Currently running high roll center with stock swaybar and there's much less body roll in the rear, it's much more responsive feeling.

Also you'll be happy to know I pulled some fat drifts and it held up great

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

Rallim

Reaction score
Good, good. Less roll is good because I'm going to try running no sway bar. When's the production version coming out? :D

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Estimated price

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

Right now im thinking it will be $650. Include bolt on kit add $20, include diff cover add ~$160, include trunk access plate add $30

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Right now im thinking it will be $650. Include bolt on kit add $20, include diff cover add ~$160, include trunk access plate add $30

can this be used in conjunction with a torque arm? or will a poor mans 3 link be the only way to use it?

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
can this be used in conjunction with a torque arm? or will a poor mans 3 link be the only way to use it?

It will work with a torque arm (that is the ideal way to do it). We've verified with the people over at Maximum Motorsports that it is compatible with their TA

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
It will work with a torque arm (that is the ideal way to do it). We've verified with the people over at Maximum Motorsports that it is compatible with their TA

Awesome!! i know its been said before, but will this work without modification of tail pipes? specially the magnapack catback? and also how is this on the street? this will be going on my DD, and is not a dedicated track car, but will see the track

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome!! i know its been said before, but will this work without modification of tail pipes? specially the magnapack catback? and also how is this on the street? this will be going on my DD, and is not a dedicated track car, but will see the track

It does require either side exhaust or possibly cobra IRS exhaust. We're going to test the IRS exhaust and come up with a kit for an axle limiter to avoid damaging while jacking up the car.

We're going to have a few different bushing options ranging from dedicated track cars to street performance cars

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Did some more test-fitting today. Pre-orders opening soon!

16493018464_c646e11f91_b.jpg

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Haven't posted these anywhere else yet - renderings of the final version with redesigned propellor, bushing system, and laser cut brackets. Currently waiting to get the brackets back from the laser cutter.

Oh yeah, and sexy laser-engraved QR code serial number badges!

watts-wm-full.jpg
watts-wm-center.jpg

watts-label-render.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010