Fuel Filter? Who put theirs in?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
was it easy hard, didnt break a sweat? 20min job? Just want to know because mine is super old and i know its hurting the performance

OP
OP
JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Can you tell me the process of taking it off? I heard that you need a speacial tool? or just a screw driver?

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
you def. need a special tool. its like $5 at autozone. it pushes into the coupler on the end of the filter. not more than a 20 min job

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
if you have a 98 you need a fuel line disconnect tool, if you have anything else all you need is a screwdriver....very easy. took me 10 minutes to do in the parking lot of an advance auto. :thumb:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
if you have a 98 you need a fuel line disconnect tool, if you have anything else all you need is a screwdriver....very easy. took me 10 minutes to do in the parking lot of an advance auto. :thumb:

i need to change mine also. i have a 98 so i guess i need to go pick up that tool. so just put the tool on the end, pop it off, and plug up the new one? will gas get everywhere?

r_suh

Reaction score
will leak out some fuel yes. but not much. just have a rag handy.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
TxCobrA98 said:
19mustang95 said:

i need to change mine also. i have a 98 so i guess i need to go pick up that tool. so just put the tool on the end, pop it off, and plug up the new one? will gas get everywhere?

yeah it will, but just dont li underneath it and you will be fine...and dont hold the ful filter straigth up, cause there is alot of fuel in it...

whenever i change mine, or a friends or sumthing, ill take pics or video or sumthin....make my own little how-to. 8)

S

scarface

Changing your FF is easy as changing your oil.

why not pickup a chiltons manual. It will be worth the 12 bux.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Changing your FF is easy as changing your oil.

why not pickup a chiltons manual. It will be worth the 12 bux.

yeah i bought one like 3 or 4 days ago. its been to cold to do my fuel filter. i woulda done it yesterday but i was lazy and HOMEWORK! but ill get it done probably this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online