Fuel Injection vs. Carberated

94blackGT

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of the Stock 5.0L intake manifold. Is anyone running carb? What are pros and cons to Carb vs. Injection??

So far mods are : Equal length mac headers, h pipe with highflow cats, Dynomax side exit exhaust, Pullies, gutted airbox with k&n, 3.55 and a Hurst shifter. Best run is 14.5@95mph. Thanks for the help guys.

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
Why on earth would you want to switch to dinosaur technology?

There's a perfectly good reason why every car manufacturer on the planet stopped using carbs 20 years ago - letting a tubulent channel of air suck fuel into the engine through sticks with little holes in them is just about the worst way to do it!

Sure, if you're building a car that's sole purpose is to make power in a tight range at WOT, then a carb will do the job, but for the rest of the world where we use the whole rpm range - that's just not practical.

By the time you pay out for a carby, and manifold, plus found a way to keep the ignition system happy, and then tuned it, you'll be at the same money you could have spent on a nice EFI manifold, and a tweecer to bring everything together, leaving you with a better setup that idles nicely, fuels nicely right across the load/rev range, and pays for itself in fuel savings.

fordtech

Reaction score
Yeah man its not worth going to carb at this time its better if you stay fuel injected by the time you are done with the carb conversion you will have crapper gas mileage and had wasted the same amount of money if you just upgraded your intake

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to agree with the previous post's, dont go carb keep the fuel injection. There are plenty of quality intakes that will make the swap to a carb pointless :)

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
ok if you all about the carb then do this get a carbed intake set up for efi with the injector bungs then get a big 100 mm throttle body and a mega squirt injection I don’t think I tweecer can tune a set up like that then it looks like you have a carb. But I don’t think your motor could handle that amount of air

OP
OP

94blackGT

Reaction score
Yes, I suppose you're right, I wasn't taking into consideration everything involved to go to a carb set up.

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

If you got another car for everyday use it's possible, but whit the price of gas it's not practical to make this mod, the only good point whit carb, it's more cheaper to get more HP, but your budget for gas will increase by 30% easily.

Francis

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online