Fuel injector voltage

Reaction score
When I take the harness connector off the injectors what should the voltage be reading when the car is not running. I am doing a sort of tune in a week or two and just gathering information. I need to know the voltage of...

-TPS Sensor (I know its .97v closed and about 5v at WOT)
-Fuel Injectors

I already know what and how to test the charging system. Any other things I should test with my new handy dandy PVOM (Personal Volt O Meter)

ryclef331

Reaction score
With the key on, engine off....there shouldn't be ANY voltage at the fuel injectors. They only receive power to energize them when fuel is needed to spray. You'd have to have the motor either running or turning over to see anything.

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Hmm, well in my auto electronics class, I took off the harness and it read some voltage. I'm not sure what it was. It read something, and it wasn't ohms or hertz.

ryclef331

Reaction score
I dug a lil deeper....you're right. The red wire on each injector should have a constant 12v with the ignition on. When the ECU wants that injector to fire, it grounds the other wire. SO, Key On, Engine OFF, you should have 12volts + on the red wire of each injector

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks again man, I will do that next weekend and see what turns up voltage wise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online