Fuel issue

jwhisl

Reaction score
Hey guys I know it's been a while since I've posted around here. I'm in the process of moving back to Oklahoma and I'm bringing the 94 convertible with me. I'm still having the issue with the car not starting . I pulled a CCRM out of a salvaged mustang and I still have the issue. I'm debating whether or not to order a new ccrm and ecu from the parts store. Last I tested I only had 9V getting to the pump. The car used to start with ether but I dont want to do that too many times. I need suggestions please.

kb1982

Reaction score
I would check the power and see what it is entering the inertia switch, and then out of it.

toyman

Reaction score
Remove and clean the battery to engine and engine to chassis ground terminals. You should see 12+ volts to the fuel pump.

5PNTSLO

Reaction score
Fuel pump relay diagnostics: First, always check the inertia switch in the trunk and the fuel pump fuse in the underhood fuse box (20 amps). Also check the ignition switch fuses. With the key turned to run and checking within the fuel pump prime-out period (a duration of 2-5 seconds after turning the key to run): Check CCRM pin 5 for accessory 12 volts. If you have it, the issue lies downstream. If not: Check CCRM Pin 11 for constant 12 volts. Check CCRM Pin 13 for accessory 12 volts. Check CCRM Pin 18 for a ground signal during the prime-out.
If this is all good, check the inertia switch (located in the driver side trunk, adjacent the tail light) and fuel pump electrical connector at the tank.

OP
OP
J

jwhisl

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info! Im loading the car up to head back to oklahoma monday so I will check all of the pins when I get back to Tulsa. Ive checked the fuses and all is good there, I need to check the wires leading into the ccrm. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online