Fuel line repair

NoParticularName

Reaction score
Hello,

I did broke a fuel line while trying to remove the connector ... How can I repair this ?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
unfortunately, you have very few options here. You can buy a new set of the steel fuel lines and replace the whole thing or you can replace the removable fitting with a rubber hose and clamp it on to the broken line.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Is this a good idea to try with some compression fittings ?

Ive never worked with compression fitting on fuel line before. If you could cut the line so that hump was out of it, you could slip on a compression nut and make a fitting for a new line, or am I thinking about that wrong?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not seeing any reason you can't cut that end off and reflair it myself. you can rent/borrow the tool from vatozone

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
Ive never worked with compression fitting on fuel line before. If you could cut the line so that hump was out of it, you could slip on a compression nut and make a fitting for a new line, or am I thinking about that wrong?

I think you're not out of the way at all ... I did talk to someone today that have done the same repair, and it still good to go without any problems. I did buy the compression fitting today, I will see tomorrow if it can be possible.

I am not seeing any reason you can't cut that end off and reflair it myself. you can rent/borrow the tool from vatozone

What tool are you talking about ? Thx !

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
a line flaring tool. Do a search on youtube and it will show how to use it but its really are not hard to repair that. You would probably need to remove that line mount right before the bend but after that just cut the end off by the old flare and then start your new one. A line cutting tool is not that expensive but does help to make a straight cut which is important.

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
a line flaring tool. Do a search on youtube and it will show how to use it but its really are not hard to repair that. You would probably need to remove that line mount right before the bend but after that just cut the end off by the old flare and then start your new one. A line cutting tool is not that expensive but does help to make a straight cut which is important.

You're right ! This is what I've found : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGLsX6appI8 . This tool is able to flare a "push connect" end, which I need. Now, I have to found to tool somewhere in Canada to rent it ....

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
After investigations, my main problem is to remove the broken line in the quick connector. I did try to remove it with pliers without sucess. Also tried with a screw and pulling ...

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
try some air from the compressor maybe from the other end? Magnet?

It's completely stuck in there ... Magnet will be useless in this case. I'm think replacing the whole kit, easier, but very expensive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
maybe throw a torch on it and see if a little heat helps is.

Now I pray that you see the sarcasm in recommending holding a torch to your fuel lines and do not take that advice no matter how long they have been dry....

OP
OP
NoParticularName

NoParticularName

Reaction score
This is the one that goes to the fuel pump right? What year is your car? It looks like that piece is just rusted in there. You may have to replace that hose with a rubber fuel hose and clamps.

Nop, this is the one between the fuel filter and the main lines ... It's a 96. If there were be those between the filter and the tank it would be easier IMO.

maybe throw a torch on it and see if a little heat helps is.

Now I pray that you see the sarcasm in recommending holding a torch to your fuel lines and do not take that advice no matter how long they have been dry....

Hahaha, like that ! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online