Fuel line with bent tab, any suggestions?

Texas_Black_5.0

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm replacing a fuel pump, I've rented a fuel line disconnect tool/kit from my local auto parts store. The first fuel line popped off beautifully. I can't seem to get the second one off. I think one of the metal tabs on the inside of the fitting is severely bent, preventing me from pressing it in with the disconnect tool. (I've attached a picture, it's hard to see but the tab closest to the ground, which is slightly obscured by the fuel line is bent up and out.)

20200616_125540.jpg

Really I'm just asking if anyone has any guidance for me here? Is jamming a screwdriver in there a bad idea? These plastic disconnect tools don't feel strong enough to bend that metal the way I need to bend it. Has anyone dealt with similarly damaged fittings before?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
If you have a pick tool you may be able to release it straighten it enough to use the fuel line tool.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
popped off easy? I have never had that experience with those easy to remove fittings no matter which of the 3 different removal tools I use. in my experience it takes a good 30-45 mins of cursing and at least 2 different tools to get it to work. Try some oil in it and then twist it as you push it in while also cursing "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YOU!!!!!" loud enough to scare the neighbors kids and then it should pop right off :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online