Fuel lines for E85?

94cobradan

Reaction score
I am currently running e85. And am about to replace fuel lines from firewall to the rail. What lines are everyone using? Is PTFE line’s mandatory or can I get away with braided with nylon or rubber tube inside. ? Also the specific Russell Ford connectors are not PTFE.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
You need all fuel lines E85 compliant. Im not 100% positive if the fuel rail crossover lines are compliant, but they need to be also. Even the return dump line on the fuel pump needs to be e85 compliant or it will degrade quickly and cause cavatation issues dumping fuel next to the pump.

I would think kits are available for our cars, but if not simply replace the soft lines with compliant lines and add hose clamps in place of the quick line connections.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
No factory rubber pre-2015 is going to be able to hold e85 for long. Maybe a few short months.

Best best is to convert everything to PTFE AN and upgrade to an e85 Walbro pump that might very well just drop right into the tank hat (not 100% sure on that part).

OP
OP

94cobradan

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I know the stock lines going to the tank are atleast steel. That should be sufficient enough. I would think, until I do the full stainless lines back to the pump. I will likely just upgraded the lines at the firewall to the rails. The other reason for upgraded the lines under the hood, is I am boosted and it gets hot. So I’d rather upgrade to stainless braided PTFE for the pressure and return lines at the motor. Then when money allows do for PTFE braided back to the tank. And yes I do already run a gas/ e85 450pump along with appropriate e85 filter. I am just running pump gas right now until I get the lines replaced at the motor to fuel rails.

OP
OP

94cobradan

Reaction score
I also do not run factory rubber lines at the motor right now. They have been replaced with “newer rubber” since the motor has been rebuilt a few months ago. To support the high flowing fuel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online