Fuel pressure and injector question

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Can I just ask are diablosport saying their tunes are 87 and 91 Pon or Mon?
What do you lot think?
I’m not getting an answer from them at all

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
It’s how fuel is rated. Pon means pump gas rating but I don’t know what Mon and Ron stand for.
I did find what I was looking for,
87 US fuel is like 90 Ron fuel but we don’t have that fuel in the U.K. US 91 octane is the same as your 95 Ron fuel and US 93 fuel is the same as the U.K’s 99 octane fuel

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think you have a much bigger problem then the octane rating on the tune. The only difference there should be in timing and maybe you would have a ping or some noise from it but its not going make it piss fuel into the system because of a 2 octane rating difference. Swap out the o2 sensors but if that does not help anything I would stop trying to make this system work and move on to something that might like a local dyno tune even if it means going to sct.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Dropped off the injectors today at a test and clean Center, it’s costing me £75 to have them checked, cleaned and flow tested and should know by tonight if they are all working. I’ve given them all 16 injectors all labelled up 8 from the old engine and 8feom the new. Thought the first step I should of taken is making sure the dam injectors are all working before spending money and time else where

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
stupid question, have you tried to pull any err codes off of it? I ask because its running rich enough that it probably should have thrown a code or two by now and after you say that it was modified like it was prior I could start to suspect that maybe someone fixed the err code by covering up the check engine light. I have seen people do it on here and I just wonder if someone didn't take an easy way out.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Would that be a great if that was the answer to all of this :)
This is why everyone is getting confused, is she running rich ? Yes we can all tell that by the smell coming out the exhaust, the black puff of smoke that comes out the exhaust when you floor it, by all the spark plugs being black, by the fact that the O2 sensors are failing after one year and are all black and sooty and the fact the wideband went into the 10’s at WOT BUT there is no fault codes being thrown l.
Today we have found that the fuel pressure is actually floating around 49-52 psi. I have also found out that the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator are after market unnamed items so they are being replace as we speak back to stock to bring me back down to the 40psi it should have.
Not only that but the first 8 injectors form the old engine have been tested. 5 of them (pink tops) flowed at 22.3 LB/H @ 43 psi and was as good as new. The other three are not working. Two of them keep failing in the open position and one of them has an intermittent fault and fails to open all together :-(
They have not tested the 8 injectors that I’m currently running at the moment.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Just got of the phone to the injectors place, I asked them to flow check the injectors this morning at the standard pressure and they did and gave me a answer of 22.3 LB /H flow rate, any way a few minutes ago I asked them to flow check just one of the working injectors at 50psi due to that is what my actual pressure was and he laughed at me and said that’s to high for these mate but he done it any way and called me back. The pink tops flow 21.2 LB/H @40psi , 22.3 LB/H @ 43psi and 24.4 LB /H @ 50psi. I think I may of just stumble by change the answer to all of my over fueling issues.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I believe you are on to something here. The higher pressure in your system is making the injectors flow too much. What kind of regulator are you currently running.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hi all I’m about to replace my injectors on my new edge GT which have the pink injectors in it, anyway I went to get some more and was told that these were the wrong injectors, is this true ?
What injectors are you kit running?

I have all the bolt on mods you can have except cams.

The next question is what should my fuel pressure be at when at idle and WOT?
My tuner is saying I have 38.4 to 40 psi at idle and 43 max reading at WOT.
I am running a SVT fuel pump if that makes a difference or not?

Where did you get 50 from all of a sudden?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Yes ttocs you are correct the fuel pressure reading on the diablosport tuner was indeed reading 38 to 43 psi and that’s why I posted that at the beginning but we later found an issue with that reading, well the garage did, the dam diablosport tuner gives you a reading of 38-43 psi even with the engine off and key out of the ignition, put the key in and turn the ignition on (engine not running) the tuner gives a reading or 38-43 psi, turn the engine on and the tuner gives a reading of 38-43psi. The garage found this issue and decided to plum in a needle gauge between the regulator and the fuel rail and then that got the reading of 50 ish psi. I’ve not seen the car or heard from the garage for a while now. I want to find out how things are going but don’t want to keep bothering them. This has cost me £360 so far in labour time but luckily I knew of someone selling a stock pump and I had a spare fuel rail and regulator from the old engine.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
A10F1BB7-7FA4-4F5B-AD7C-2283BA6A5738.png CA03B6A9-5343-4DB4-ACA7-4922EE7118D8.png I don’t have a photo of the regulator on my car but this one is all most identical to mine with the same lettering on it. If it is the same it should be adjustable between 30 to 100psi but I believe mine is not adjustable or if it is it’s adjusted to the lowest setting cause the garage told me there was nothing they could do with the regulator to get it to drop the pressure

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh I thought the pressure was what you said before yea 50 is too high. The screw on the top is to set the pressure and on mine its adjusted with the vac line removed. IF it can't get down to 40 psi then it needs to be replaced.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You could get the part number from the regulator and call aem to find out if they have a lighter spring to go inside the regulator and lower the pressure. If you’re swapping back to the stock stuff, disregard what I’m saying.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
You could get the part number from the regulator and call aem to find out if they have a lighter spring to go inside the regulator and lower the pressure. If you’re swapping back to the stock stuff, disregard what I’m saying.

What is in the photo is most definitely what I had fitted. I’ve now got the stock regulator fitted

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Unfortunately they never got around to testing the last 8 injectors today, they said they have them done by end of day tomorrow

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What is in the photo is most definitely what I had fitted. I’ve now got the stock regulator fitted
So the stock regulator is putting out 50 psi or the one you showed? I though to put the stock regulator back on you would need to put the stock rails/fuel lines? This one looks to have AN fittings is why I ask and doesn't look like a stock replacement.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Yep I’m putting the stock regulator, lines and rail on from the old engine mate.
It’s the aftermarket one that’s putting out 50 psi and it will not go any lower.
From what I’ve heard the stock fuel system is more than capable of handling 400 BHP so it’s all going back t stock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online