Fuel pressure and injector question

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all I’m about to replace my injectors on my new edge GT which have the pink injectors in it, anyway I went to get some more and was told that these were the wrong injectors, is this true ?
What injectors are you kit running?

I have all the bolt on mods you can have except cams.

The next question is what should my fuel pressure be at when at idle and WOT?
My tuner is saying I have 38.4 to 40 psi at idle and 43 max reading at WOT.
I am running a SVT fuel pump if that makes a difference or not?

Benni614

Reaction score
Hi all I’m about to replace my injectors on my new edge GT which have the pink injectors in it, anyway I went to get some more and was told that these were the wrong injectors, is this true ?
What injectors are you kit running?

I have all the bolt on mods you can have except cams.

The next question is what should my fuel pressure be at when at idle and WOT?
My tuner is saying I have 38.4 to 40 psi at idle and 43 max reading at WOT.
I am running a SVT fuel pump if that makes a difference or not?
Pink should 19lb injectors what injectors r u trying to run

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I’m running pink one at the moment but have full bolt ins on this car except cams, I don’t know if that matters or not.
Diablosport have been looking at my data logs and all they have said is that I’m starting to run a little lean up top. I’m still trying to get them to give me a little more information but I think I’ve got more change of getting blood out of a stone. Anyway I took my injectors (pink ones) to the shop told them what car it was for and they said the pinks are the wrong size they are for the NPI mustangs not the PI engines. So instead of wasting my money I thought I would ask you lot first what ones I should fit

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
even if it were not supposed to have pink, unless your wanting to make a change in the tune for different injectors then you want to get the same ones you removed. No there is no HP to gain right now from larger injectors. Its been fore ever since I looked at them, isn't orange 19 lb? I thought gt's had 19 and cobra's 24...

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Yep orange are 19 lb and pink are 21.5lb/h at 40 psi fuel pressure. Now I do know that this car was boosted when in the states but when it was brought over the boost system was removed. It is running a diablosport intune I1000 tune but I don’t think that has been set to adjust the injector size. I now the non PI engines first came out with the 19lb/h injectors but according to the shop all the new edges (pi) engines should also have 19lb/h injectors but I’m not sure about that. Just found this9D8F61F8-2F54-4A5D-BB1C-CD94BD948E44.png

07GtS197

Reaction score
Halfway through the 01 model year Ford made some changes to the gt. Among them was switching from a windsor to romeo motor, t45 to tr3650, 11” to 10.5” clutch, and 19# orange top injectors to 21# pink top injectors. It’s been proven that when Ford swapped to the bigger injectors they did not adjust the CB tune and, in the words of an old member of another forum, they run pig rich from the factory. So yes you are supposed to have the pink tops.

If you really are running lean up top its likely the pump or tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Mate that answer is just spot on. Diablosport have just minutes ago got back to me letting me know they have spotted an issue with the tune I’m running and will be sending me an update one tomorrow. The second issue I’ve had for two years now is that the dam car struggles like mad to get through the emissions test due to it running pig rich at idle.

now would I benefit from dropping down to the 19lb injectors?
I’m guessing that would sort the pig rich idle but would it effect the rest of the rpm range?

07GtS197

Reaction score
An all out na 2v will be close to maxing out the factory 19s. You might as well have them revise the tune to compensate for the injectors that way it’ll run better at idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Diablosport have said they will not/can not revise the tune for the injectors which is a pain :-(

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Diablosport have said they will not/can not revise the tune for the injectors which is a pain :-(
is it a matter that they do not have the injector off time data or what is holding them back? I had an issue trying to find the off time data for the stock injectors when I setting up my holley so I switched injectors, which your doing already. Ask them what injectors they would like you to use

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
is it a matter that they do not have the injector off time data or what is holding them back? I had an issue trying to find the off time data for the stock injectors when I setting up my holley so I switched injectors, which your doing already. Ask them what injectors they would like you to use

ive asked them that question and now they are just getting funning with me. The answer I got from them was to use the stock injectors.
I then replied back to them asking are the stock injectors 19 or 21 lb ones. They replied back saying it doesn’t matter what ones you use cause it doesn’t make a difference. IVw now lost confidence in this company, I’m not a tuner buy any means but I do know different size injectors do matter on how well the engine runs on the same tune

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ive asked them that question and now they are just getting funning with me. The answer I got from them was to use the stock injectors.
I then replied back to them asking are the stock injectors 19 or 21 lb ones. They replied back saying it doesn’t matter what ones you use cause it doesn’t make a difference. IVw now lost confidence in this company, I’m not a tuner buy any means but I do know different size injectors do matter on how well the engine runs on the same tune
I didn't think the DIY tuner manf were known for support much more than if there was an err reading or if it needed to be unlocked. Have you looked for local dyno options?

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Above is another conversation I had with diablosport but still I’ve not got my answer to what size injectors they used when writing there tune for the new edge.
All they keep saying is that they used the stock size injectors and to that I told them that the new edge mustangs came with two different size injectors with the early ones have 19lb and the later ones running 21.5lb injectors, so I thought I ask a nice and simple question what year new edge did they use to write there tune?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't know holley did diablosport. Holley has been acquiring more brands over the years so its possible your talking to a holley tech employee that just didn't have his hands in the tuning phase to know if its 19 or 21.5 or how to check. I know they are great for they holley efi brand but they also sell it with the idea that support is available afterwards and I am not sure how the diablosport is supposed to work

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
From the readying I’ve been doing on line diablosport after care service is not the best :-(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online