Fuel Pressure Regulator

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Im looking to get one before christmas for the stang. Right now its the gay stock one. anyone have any pics of theirs? any suggestions?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a kurban on my 91 and my 95 GT's they make good products and it was very accurate. Easy to adj. the pressure too :)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
were they exspensive?

BTW: i was talking about your car today at work. i told them what mods you have etc and that i remembered somewhere you ran a 7.9 in the 8th. my buddies dont think my car is even good for a mid 8. and they thought you were BSing but i told em straight

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
were they exspensive?

BTW: i was talking about your car today at work. i told them what mods you have etc and that i remembered somewhere you ran a 7.9 in the 8th. my buddies dont think my car is even good for a mid 8. and they thought you were BSing but i told em straight

right at 80 bucks, I got mine from Holcombmotorsports

im not going to get into battles about what my / or anyother car is capeable of running :-X we ALL know how that goes, Paul you KNOW what your car can do, and I know what mine can do ( and what my slip was last month ) and thats the bottom line PERIOD.

Anyway a 7.90 isint that fast, its only a mid 12 in the quarter, what do they expect for a 4 valve corba with full bolt-ons, 430 gears and drag radials.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
remember thats extremley respectable from a N/A street/ daily

the mechanic at my work is the one saying my car will only see mid 13's. (he drove it before the car took a shit) i told him right, but you drove it when it was only seeing 9lbs. (de tuned) and no traction. imagine traction plus full boost.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
remember thats extremley respectable from a N/A street/ daily

the mechanic at my work is the one saying my car will only see mid 13's. (he drove it before the car took a shit) i told him right, but you drove it when it was only seeing 9lbs. (de tuned) and no traction. imagine traction plus full boost.

your car ( before all the work your having done now ) was doing 280hp and almost 400tq at the WHEELS. That is MORE THAN ENOUGH power to run faster than a mid 13, .............good lord man a PI 2 valve GT STOCK with only around 230hp and 270tq at the tires can run mid to upper 13's and you have at least 50 more hp and 100 foot pounds more tq than that. Any jackass with a high school education can figure with the power advantage you have that your times will be quicker than a mid 13.......unless your towing a boat behind your car ;D ;D

And for my Cobra, with the " fix " from the factory and the car making the 320 advertised HP they ran mid to low 13's STOCK and with my mods dropping a second off that is NOTHING MAJOR, its expected. I have full exhaust ( long tubes included ) 430 gears / pulleys / Jlt coldair / drag radials, and on my track run no spare tire, jack, pass seat, and gas on E. My times are on par with what EVERY other Cobra runs with the same mods :p Tell those guys to grow up and quit being haters on your and my Super Stangs ;)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
cool thanks man, its one of those things on my to-do list. Since i have a stock one i need to upgrade, but it will be put off till after the new wheels and tires.

venom97

Reaction score
mine has a kirban and i bought an aeromotive for my 97 cobra,which is the same and both are good. aeromotive is a bit more expensive.

97vertstang

Reaction score
hey KB,
heres a pic, its a bbk FPR, its super easy to install and adjust, i have heard a lot of good things about the kirban though

cs222022.jpg

and heres the kirban
http://www.americanmuscle.com/kirban-fuel-pressure-regulator-94-98.html
i think a FPR is a must on any FI car.

also, most people like to hate, i can see ur car hitting mid 13s, KB, seriously with street tires and 400ft lbs of torque u might spin em the whole 1/4 mile.something like 2.8 60 ft ;D with traction i dont see how u cant pull a 1.8 60 ft and at the very least 12.99. i saw a mach 1 with 4.30 gears take off a while ago holy crap!!!!! :eek: what a launch ,so i can imagine snakes cobra. 4.30s FTW in a 4 valve :thumb:

Rantheman

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I had a kurban on my 91 and my 95 GT's they make good products and it was very accurate. Easy to adj. the pressure too :)

I also have a kirban fuel pressure regulator and basicly snake sumed it up. very good and cheaper than accufab,bbk, and other leading brands

Rantheman

Reaction score
mustang153.jpg

theres one pic of my kirban let me see if I can get another. there is know difference between our years of regulators

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
i am actually picking one up today for my car. what do i need to set the pressure at??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online