Fuel pressure regulator

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
I recently installed a BBK adjustable fuel pressure regulator on my stang, and I was wondering about the pressure setting. Do you set the pressure by turning the ignition key to the on position (engine not running) and then set the pressure, or do you start the car and shoot from the hip? I only say that because that is what i attempted. My gauge is not a liquid filled gauge, so the needle jumps all over the place when the engine is running. Also, what PSI should I set the regulator to. Keep in mind that i only have basic bolt on engine mods including a MSD ignition, 190 lb/hr fuel pump, and the timing bumped to 12 degrees; but i am running the stock injectors, mass air flow meter and throttle body.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i know stangs usually run around 45psi and i would imagine you need to set the regulator when the key is on

Rantheman

Reaction score
you would turn the key to the on position and set it but once your some what close start it let it idle and well I have mine at 41psi but i have a 4.6l so i don't know but like that :santa_afro:

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
i have mine set at 42psi at idle and 48psi at throttle.

a little advise... get the liquid filled.

here is how you set it.

1. remove the vacume line and cap it off. the regulator does not need to be capped off.

2. start car and back off on the jam nut and turn the bolt with an allan wrench clockwise to increase/ counter clockwise to decrease.

3. set it at 42 psi at idle speed. then tighted jam nut.

4. turn off engine and plug up vacume line.

5. drink beer.

Sn95Willis

Reaction score
Hey post a pick of your set up.. I am getting a Em FPR from my buddie.... Not sure where and how it go..

ryclef331

Reaction score
OpenRoadRacer said:
i have mine set at 42psi at idle and 48psi at throttle.

a little advise... get the liquid filled.

here is how you set it.

1. remove the vacume line and cap it off. the regulator does not need to be capped off.

2. start car and back off on the jam nut and turn the bolt with an allan wrench clockwise to increase/ counter clockwise to decrease.

3. set it at 42 psi at idle speed. then tighted jam nut.

4. turn off engine and plug up vacume line.

5. drink beer.

100% correct right down to the brew.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
white94gt said:
Hey post a pick of your set up.. I am getting a Em FPR from my buddie.... Not sure where and how it go..
REAL easy. Look on the pass side fuel rail just behind the intake elbow. Two little screws hold it into the rail. Just be carful of the little gaskets...they're little.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Snapped a pic for ya
HPIM0784a.jpg

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
sorry, i guess i could have went ahead and posted mine up.

anyway, here is mine.

IMG_0786.jpg

and you will need this too. and be aware that you will need the adapter. that little SOB was almost 10 bux.

IMG_0787.jpg

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
hey man what kinda of fuel regulator is that i never seen a black top before
Accufab

Hey I just realized you're from FR. I've definatly seen your car before. I go to school right down the street in Bristol RI.

ryclef331

Reaction score
it should be check with the engine RUNNING(YES it DOES MATTER) and vaccum disconnected and it should be around 42psi from the factory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online