Fuel pressure with KOEO test

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by gtptim2007, Apr 16, 2016.

1. gtptim2007

gtptim2007 New Member

Hey guys I installed a fuel pressure gauge and it's reading really low numbers. I read the specs for the KOEO pressure is 35-45psi but I see anywhere between the high to low teens. This is after shutting the engine off right after.
    I have 30psi with the car at idle but I'm seeing 2 different specs for it 35-45psi or 30-40psi and I'm not sure which spec is correct. This pressure is possibly from a pump with over 250K on the car. Will need some input on this? The engine is running a bit rough but runs good cruising around though just need some input on anything that will help.
    [​IMG]

2. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

See, the problem is you got gauges, so now you're worrying about what's wrong ;p

lol I think [MENTION=17007]RichV[/MENTION] knows all these pressures off the top of his head, he would certainly know better than me, maybe he can help you out.

3. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

You're correct on the #s. Mine is bumped up to 42 with no vac at the FPR. At idle it's about 32. I have a manual gauge on the rail.

I would check the gauge. Never heard of that brand and ebay cheapie gauges aren't known for their accuracy. Go buy a couple of plumbing fittings and check the reading against a known source like an air compressor, or if you know someone with a manual gauge borrow it for a day and check the reading. I also have a Valvoline fuel system cleaner with a built in gauge and adapters to various vehicles.

4. 95GT86SS

95GT86SS New Member

I Google Maxtow and it says it's a FP gauge for trucks. Electrical sending unit and such.

95 GT BBK CAI TB MSD 6AL O/R H SLP LM1
    Coming soon GT40 Heads Intake and e303 cam with Long tubes

5. ranger56528

ranger56528 Active Member

KOEO I'm at 40 all day long at the rail gauge that's the one I trust,I have not adjusted it yet with the add on turbo doing that now at the shop so I can't give you running pressure yet.