Fuel Pressure?

wcngt

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I got a question on fuel pressure. I recently installed a 255 lph pump with 24 lb injectors. Im not sure want pressure to run? When I had the 19 lb injectors I ran 40 lb of pressure. I ran it higher to compensate for the stock pump. The motor has a 93 cobra intake, 75 mm throttle body, trick flow stage 1 cam, gt40p heads, and full exhaust. I thought with the bigger injectors I could run lower pressure but it pings with anything lower than 38 lb of pressure with the vacuum hooked up. Im basically tring to tune it by the seat of pants feel but im not too good at judging it. Any suggestions??? oh yeah it has stock timing 10 btdc so i can run 87 octane not sure if that matters though. Thanks Will

ryclef331

Reaction score
If you run 87 octane....you're giving up ALOT of power....period. You've found the fuel pressure that your car likes so I don't know what you're asking. Lean it out till it knocks and go back up a hair till it stops.

I highly suggest, you set the pressure to 38lbs vaccum line OFF, bump the timing to 14degrees, and FILL UP ON 93! Say for example your car has a 20 gallon tank....I know it doesn't but...just an example. Now say the difference in gas (where I'm at anyways) is 20 cents per gallon more...20gallons x 20cents = 4 DOLLARS....thats FOUR DOLLARS EVERY FILL UP....FOUR BIG FREAKIN' DOLLARS. Thats 5 packs of ramen noodles. Thats 5 cheeseburgers. Thats barely a 6pack. You bought the car for a reason. You're giving up probaby 12-15hp AND putting your motor at risk (IMO). Honestly man....don't cheap out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online