Fuel Pulse Damper Removal?

94cobradan

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the fuel pulse damper on their boosted 94-95 mustang? If so any issues with fuel pressure happen? Is the damper really needed. I am looking to upgrade fuel lines and ditch the damper hopefully no problem come about.

Rod

Reaction score
I thought I knew every part of my Mustang. Never knew they had a fuel pulse damper. Where is it located?

OP
OP

94cobradan

Reaction score
I thought I knew every part of my Mustang. Never knew they had a fuel pulse damper. Where is it located?
Apparently the foxbodies did not come with one, but the 94-95s did

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 3

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think it is a strange translation for the fuel pressure regulator? If that is the case then yes you have to have it.

Rod

Reaction score
My 95 gt does not have this im sure of it. But does have a pressure regulator on the fuel rail. Car was 24,000 miles and completely stock when I bought it. I'm going to have to take a look next time I'm under the hood. You said boosted, was this possibly added by whoever added the boost? Or to possibly try to compensate for a huge volume fuel pump.

OP
OP

94cobradan

Reaction score
My 95 gt does not have this im sure of it. But does have a pressure regulator on the fuel rail. Car was 24,000 miles and completely stock when I bought it. I'm going to have to take a look next time I'm under the hood. You said boosted, was this possibly added by whoever added the boost? Or to possibly try to compensate for a huge volume fuel pump.
This guy is doing the fuel line swap and he has the damper on factory lines. It should have came in your car from the factory

Rod

Reaction score
I'm more than happy ro be wrong and learn something new. I will have to look next time I'm home. I'm curious now.

95opal

Reaction score
Has anyone removed the fuel pulse damper on their boosted 94-95 mustang? If so any issues with fuel pressure happen? Is the damper really needed. I am looking to upgrade fuel lines and ditch the damper hopefully no problem come about.

Not needed.

OP
OP

94cobradan

Reaction score
Maybe it was just in the 94-95 cobras not the gt’s for those years

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah