Fuel pump and fuel pump voltage

OP
OP
C

Chris111

Reaction score
Ok I'll just take everything from the fuel lines back.

The photo make sense. I've never seen anything on the wiring side on that setup. I'll just swap the plug and repin the plug off my pump hanress.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Any questions feel free to ask. . It's pretty easy swap. . This will only take care of the basket and no sump issue. It will also let you run a wide number off pumps.. like the aeromotive pumps that is compatible with both styles of fuel system..

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Hey [MENTION=12700]rz5.0[/MENTION] I haven't been into this part of my car yet so forgive my ignorance. I thought the fuel pump was controlled by the ccrm? Wiring it with the relay. like you showed above, cuts that out completely right? Also, does the pump prime and shut off like its designed when you hard wire it?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The ccrm has the relay for it. . When you wire it the way i have you use the wire that previously power your pump to turn the relay on.. so the ccrm is still required and everything still primes and comes on the same.. im running a 340lph pump. It recomended to upgrade the wiring to the pump to 10 gauge if i remember right. .

OP
OP
C

Chris111

Reaction score
One other thing..

Did you have to replace the stock fuel pressure regulator with an adjustable because of the constant voltage or does the stock fpr work?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
My 98 used the same kind of fpr as the 95. I just recently swaped it out for an adjustable one. . only because I'm going to boost ans don't want to use the oem one. .

OP
OP
C

Chris111

Reaction score
Same as in the fpr that's one piece with the rail?

Also were the fuel line fittings the same size? I mean the fuel line tool. Do you know that size off hand?

I'm driving a little ways to pull a tank from a car and just want to make sure I'm prepared with the right tools.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
My fpr was not a one piece with the fuel rails.. it was held down by two small allen head screws.. but it should be fine all fpr work the same way with vacuum unless you're full return less system 99+..

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I've heard of the gt been a one piece with fuel rails and people having to switch to the 97 style when the fpr goes bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online

No members online now.