Fuel Pump Confusion.... FOCUS SVT

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I got the airtex SVT pump as a minor upgrade because my pump is done for. Well i had them pull the focus pump and the 02 GT pump while i was at autozone to make sure they matched and they sure did. So i pulled my pump out of my 02 and thats not what came out... WTF am i missing? Is this an entire aftermarket sending unit type pump? Almost looks like a return style...

The one that came out of my car... Even has this stupid litte tube running down the side.
image_zpslswdvrcc.jpg

Heres the SVT focus pump.... The 02 GT pump at autozone that was pulled looked exactly the same. Im super confused. Do i just make my own pos/neg leads to go onto this pump?
image_zps0wyskdet.jpg

Been doing alot of searches with nothing... someone point me in the right direction. need a writeup....

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Also... I do not see any check valve inside the outlet tube...

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Not sure. . I get my as a kit from lmr usually. .
I haven't seen a pump like the one you pulled

Yea, this is why im so confused... I knew to have her pull the 02 GT pump at the same time to match them up and they matched up... It just doesnt match up to my car...

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
EFF THIS.... Im returning it tomorrow. I just ordered a Walbro 255lp that i know will work.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Wtf is the deal with the extra breather tube? The outlet connector that goes on the pump already had one....

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Can't really help. . I end it up going to a 95 fuel system on my 98 ditch the whole basket crap... the 03 is a lil different. .

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Can't really help. . I end it up going to a 95 fuel system on my 98 ditch the whole basket crap... the 03 is a lil different. .

I know exactly what im going to do...And that is pull the entire sending unit out of my Marauder parts car tomorrow... Ill see how that works for now. :) Should go well with the 4V

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Post up.. im curious

Yes... I will report back with my findings. I know the Mercury is a returnless system so im good on that part. Think the pumps are high volume as well.. Ill have to look up the specs.
Im actually quite confident this will work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online