Fuel Pump Connector Harness

Boostr1

Reaction score
Where does the connector usually sit on top of the fuel tank. Does it lay towards the rear right in that gully next to the filler tube hump? Just wondering cause I'm installing mt tank but I think my new connector is keeping my tank from nesting properly. If that's the case I have to extend the wiring.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you just have not cursed at it enough yet. Don't be afraid to let go on it as for me its about the time I start wondering if the neighbors kids can hear me that it seems to go in

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
It fit up there before so there is a way. It was tight fitting it back up on my 94 and needed some wiggling and pushing to get it in(thats what she said). If you do extend it this will not be the time or place for a crimp connector and the wiring being as thick as it is you will need a pretty good iron to get the solder hot enough.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
It fit up there before so there is a way. It was tight fitting it back up on my 94 and needed some wiggling and pushing to get it in(thats what she said). If you do extend it this will not be the time or place for a crimp connector and the wiring being as thick as it is you will need a pretty good iron to get the solder hot enough.

Yeah I extended them (soldered of course). I solder all my electrical if at all possible. I have a Weller 25w iron but it was to weak to heat the 12g wire so I had to take my Hakko soldering station outside to the garage, and that worked spiffelly. Now it's long enough where I have the plug wedged between the the gas tank and the left tank strap (it's a weatherpack connector so nice and flat). Easy access.

OP
OP
Boostr1

Boostr1

Reaction score
wedged between?

Not wedged as in jamed, it's sitting between. There is a lip where the 2 halfs of the tank are welded, that's what it's laying in. I'm going to ziptie it to the strap so it will not move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online