Fuel Pump Issue

19GT94

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm finding something fishy with my 94 GT. I recently purchased the car and drove it home without any issues. After shutting it down though, she didn't want to start back up. With a voltmeter I checked to see if I had accessory voltage coming out of pin 5 at the CCRM and I did, but still no fuel pump function. I checked the underhood fuses and all checked out, but still no fuel pump prime or function.

I later replaced the pump thinking that was the issue, but still it does the same thing. Anybody experienced this problem, and if so, what remedies did you try? I'm leaning towards an elevated ground somewhere, but I can't seem to find a description of the location on the vehicle. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

OP
OP
19GT94

19GT94

Reaction score
Hi Monkey,

Yeah I checked the switch, button is in the correct position and the pigtail seems to be in good shape. She just seems to have a mind of her own when she feels like starting.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Distributor may have taken a dump it signals the fuel injection on these turds

RichV

Reaction score
So does it not run from the day you brought it home? Or just not start sometime?

OP
OP
19GT94

19GT94

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks for the direction. She started the day I brought her home and will only start only now and then. I replaced the fuel pump already and have since had her start several times without issue. But every now and again it won't prime or start up at all. Still going through it. And now the darn key wont come out of the ignition. New cylinder and everything. She is fighting early.

OP
OP
19GT94

19GT94

Reaction score
Hey Chrisv. Unfortunately, I'm the only pair of hands I have right now. I tracked down most of the body grounds and cleaned them and applied dielectric grease to most of them. She has been starting up pretty reliably now, but I'm anticipating it happening again soon. Still struggling with the key now, lol!

OP
OP
19GT94

19GT94

Reaction score
It's been a while, but the root of the problem has been found! The dang CCRM was the culprit after having a successful two weeks of starting, it happened again. Replaced the CCRM, and haven't had a single problem since. Thanks to all those who responded!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI: The CCRM needs solid grounds. if you have more problems, check out the wiring harness's grounds in the engine bay. I know you hit most of them, but specifically check out the ones linked to the CCRM.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.