Fuel pump reset switch or bad pump?

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Ok so as the title states, drove to school now won't start. The button on the switch is down like it's supposed to be. Can't heat pump and no fuel comes out of the nipple on the fuel rail. Anything else I should try?
Put in wrong spot. I've got the 2v
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
So what is good specs for the pump? I'm looking at BBK

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Checked the one under the hood. Is there any under the dash? I looked in manual. And even pushed the button for the reset in the trunk

There are lots under the dash. Don't bother looking in the manual, just get on your back and pull/inspect each one. It takes less time and its amazing how often there is a different fuse blown then the one you thought. Go back and check all the others under the hood as well. Until your sure they are all good its hard to diagnose stuff.

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
There are lots under the dash. Don't bother looking in the manual, just get on your back and pull/inspect each one. It takes less time and its amazing how often there is a different fuse blown then the one you thought. Go back and check all the others under the hood as well. Until your sure they are all good its hard to diagnose stuff.
I'll look tomorrow cars 10 miles away at moment. So if a different fuse is blown that don't run the pump it'll affect it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
trust me its just best to check them all. It could be because of anything from just checking the wrong fuse in the panel to what ever but this is the only way to be sure and it faster too.

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
trust me its just best to check them all. It could be because of anything from just checking the wrong fuse in the panel to what ever but this is the only way to be sure and it faster too.
Will be checking all tomorrow. Thank you for your replies. Gonna go with BBK ore walbro fuel pump. 255lph. That way when I mod or won't matter

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Yep. Your pump was tired when built by ford. 255 is plenty enough!
Could hot wire the inertia switch power plug just for giggles. That'll let you know if the pump is dead!

OP
OP
96laseredcobra

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Yep. Your pump was tired when built by ford. 255 is plenty enough!
Could hot wire the inertia switch power plug just for giggles. That'll let you know if the pump is dead!
How would one do that?

neverenuff

Reaction score
So what is good specs for the pump? I'm looking at BBK

Walboro 255, they make BBK's pumps anyhow and you can save $50 when you buy the Walboro

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk