fuel pump

98-5.0

Reaction score
i swaped my 98 v6 to a 95 cobra motor...........i never switched out the fuel pump..........i know im runnin leaner than i need to be....so.....what should i do
about gettin more fuel to the motor.....i know im not to lean and im gettin really good millage but id rather have the right stuff in there....and since i plan to
drop a twin turbo charged 357 in this upcomin fall....should i and would i be ok to just get the 255gph fuel pump......whats the diff on the v6 and v8 pumps.......?

ryclef331

Reaction score
Look for a 255LPH in tank style pump. Something like the link below is perfect. Your fuel pressure regulator will worry about the fuel pressure for you...regardless of the rating of the pump. A simple 255lph upgrade and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with a gauge and you'll be MORE than safe for your current setup. As for a TT 357...well...you're looking at more power than the factory fuel lines can supply probably depending on how aggressive you get. You'll probably be in the market for a WHOLE new fuel system.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...0103&N=700+4294908331+400304+115&autoview=sku

As for changing the pump in tank...its CAKE. Just make sure that the tank is as close to empty as possible. I did mine completely by myself. Just unbolt the filler neck, lay on your back and use your knees to hold the tank up while you un bolt the straps. GENTLY lower the tank. I didn't remove it completely. Just enough to get at the top. Just brush the dirt off, knock the lock ring loose, and pull the pump and pick up assembly. Remove old pump...install new. Sometimes you have to get creative with securing some of these pumps out there. Large hose clamps work great. Install is reverse of normal. Installing the assembly can be tricky working around the baffles in the tank BUT it will only seat one way...so once its seated fully, its good. Throw it back up on your knees and bolt the straps back on....it helps to have someone guide the filler neck back up as well but not entirely required.

Reaction score
With the TT 357 you will need a 255lph pump and a 255lph inline pump. Its better to have more lph, than less.

OP
OP

98-5.0

Reaction score
hey midnight.......what backspacin or offset do you have on your 0304 cobras.....im orderin wheels hopefully tonight .........if yall didnt know svt is no longer and all svt stuff has been discontinued....so i have to buy detroit replicas........eventually ill get a set of 10.5's for the rear with some dot et slicks......but should i just get all 17x9's for my 275 40 zr17s and just put $100 spacers on the rear???

Reaction score
Well I have them off my buddies 03 cobra, so I have no idea what offset they are. They fit perfect up front, and I am getting a 1" spacer for the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online