fuel pump

LJmagicJJ

Reaction score
i have the stock fuel pump on my 96 gt....but it whine when i turn the key and when the car is in idle. i am not experiencing any problems with it i have just heard when the fuel pumps get old they will start to whine....is this true? :dunno:

what would you guys recommend as far as upgrading?

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Aeromotive has some good pumps, but if you dont plan on that much horsepower down the road you can use an SVT Focus pump, or an Avatior pump! Both of those are steps up from the stocker! and your other question I dont know! srry!

Magic

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
Aeromotive has some good pumps, but if you dont plan on that much horsepower down the road you can use an SVT Focus pump, or an Avatior pump! Both of those are steps up from the stocker! and your other question I dont know! srry!

all of Aeromotive pumps are external pumps.....the Focus and Aviator pumps are more suited for returnless fuel system cars....the 96s have a return line...
if you dont plan on much mods a stock replacement, or 110lph-190lph pump is sufficient.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
I thought that only the 98 had the return style fuel pump. I may be wrong, but I thought that the 96 and 97 had the returnless and the 98 was the odd ball out.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
I thought that only the 98 had the return style fuel pump. I may be wrong, but I thought that the 96 and 97 had the returnless and the 98 was the odd ball out.
you havve them mixed up...98+ have returnless

blackstangs281

Reaction score
98 was the first year they used a drop in assembly. It still has a return line, and is a PITA one of a kind. Vortech went through 5 or 6 external pumps on my car before they got it right. Had to use a high flow from motorsport and modify the plastic assembly.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you are staying NA then i'd get a 190lph from Ford but if you are gonna add a blower then the Walbro 255lph hp is a good choice. I just swapped mine out a few weeks ago and its not hard but 2 people and a jack or 2 makes life easier.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Magic said:
MustangMatt96GT said:

all of Aeromotive pumps are external pumps.....the Focus and Aviator pumps are more suited for returnless fuel system cars....the 96s have a return line...
if you dont plan on much mods a stock replacement, or 110lph-190lph pump is sufficient.

I was just reading an Aeromotive add yesterday and they just came out with a multi purpose pump that can be submerged or left outside.

Magic

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I was just reading an Aeromotive add yesterday and they just came out with a multi purpose pump that can be submerged or left outside.

thats news to me...I guess Ill look into this pump myself...see what its all about!

thanks for the heads up!!

voidfinger

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
If you are staying NA then i'd get a 190lph from Ford but if you are gonna add a blower then the Walbro 255lph hp is a good choice. I just swapped mine out a few weeks ago and its not hard but 2 people and a jack or 2 makes life easier.

so why couldn't people just go on and get the 255 to secure the future mods? is there a down side to running a 255?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.